Chapter 53 : Ted's Story Time

Ted Miller :

"I'm going." I gave a goodbye kiss to both my grandma and mom before leaving to the place I only had been going for god knows how many days. The luxury taste of a good breakfast was long gone when I entered the sterilized hospital.

It was the usual, everything looked the same. The picture hung perfectly on the wall. The vase had fresh flowers like every morning before this. However, it felt too noisy in Elly's room. It sounded like more people were visiting her.

I opened the door to meet not one or two people but a whole family. "Are you Elly's family?" Someone nodded. "I'm Ted."

"The boy who had a cheating mate like my sister." I flinched at harsh words even though it wasn't directly towards me. I hope Violet can feel that from miles away.

"And she's pregnant now. Great news! Its not mine." I cynically joked which made most of the frown. "Is it his?" I guessed it was Elly's mother from her age. "If his stands for Kyle. Then yes." Elly's dad clenched his fists.

"This is fucked up." The other guy was holding into his anger, it was obvious when he wanted to punch the wall but held back. "Ted, you're here?" Maya came in the room and she looked all green. "Yes. Morning sickness again?" She nodded.

"This is Elly's family." They must have finally realized that they didn't introduce themselves when I did. "She looks just like you." I thought out loud and her mom smiled in response.

"I think you should tell them what exactly happened before she fell unconscious." I sighed and nodded. "Should we sit down somewhere quiet?" I wasn't sure if telling them in a patient room was appropriate since they were bound to have outburst. "We'll stay here." The mom sternly said and I told them to seat down. The twins sat beside Elly like they were cats snuggling at the owner. The brother and his mate went to have a seat at the window. Her parents came to sit at the chairs available.

"Before this happened-" I pointed to the unconscious Elly. "We had something to check. We believe they're was something bad lurking and making everyone forget. People lost their memories especially about Kyle and Elly being mates." I explained about our previous plan on making everything right as they should have been. The memories were happy when I spent time with Violet and I know Elly must have tasted the hope of being together with Kyle after getting through so much. "After that night, I end my relationship with Violet because I felt like I couldn't be happy with her and Maya seemed to not remember the knowledge of Kyle being Elly's mate."

"Elly and Gwen, which is one of friend, had to tell me everything." She didn't mention that Gwen had given her something to drink which helped her to regain her memories again. Gwen said it was easy to break free since it was just a potion and not a spell. A spell, apparently, is a bit difficult to undo since its bind in the host's body like a snake.

"I don't understand. How can someone's feeling suddenly change in a heartbeat?  I mean its difficult to not feel the attraction to your mate especially since you've already accepted her and things were getting better. And how the hell does someone lost their memory without any major injury to the head?" Kayla, which I learnt was an Alpha, questioned and I could see her leadership from her body movement and the confidence radiated from her. Even the questions seemed sophisticated.

"Shit might be a little deeper than you know it." I told them everything from our theory of someone putting in potion in drinks or food, the sudden wizard (that was actually pretending to be a cat) visits and telling me about my mother's past and the curse. "A curse." It does sound unbelievable.

"I am not saying that Kyle can justify his stupid action with the curse. Even if he knew about the curse, he should have told Elly right to the face rather than pulling her on while stabbing her behind the back. And even if he had no idea of it, it was still wrong to cheat on her like that." I was angry at everyone especially myself. Maybe, I should have not push her forward. I should have stopped her before things get like this.