Chapter 29 : Stay Strong!

Gwen Sparke :

"Something happened to Elly." I could still hear Ted's voice when I was searching for something that could make someone forget. His voice sounded distress and that made my stomach dropped in fear of what he would say next.

She's been unconscious for almost a month now. "I have to work extra hard so when she wakes up-" I felt tears trying to escape again.

"Please get well soon." I pleaded again like a broken record.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ted Miller :

"Breakfast ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen but usually the smell would already made my feet walked towards the kitchen.

But not now or anytime soon.

I haven't have the appetite to eat or do anything except for finding away to wake Elly up. I have been visiting her everyday with Gwen despite the looks we received from the pack member's. Thankfully, that guy doesn't stop us but actually encourage us to be there in hoping hearing us talking to her would give her the motivation she needed.

But we've been doing it for a full month and she hasn't move a muscle.

"Teddy, come and eat before you go see Elly." My sister, Eloise, patted my back and softly pulled me to the dining room. Everyone was already seated, dad was with today's newspaper, grandma and mom had their aprons on and were putting a stall stack of pancakes on the table.

"I'm not-"

"Hungry? No, you've been eating less and locking yourself up in your room for hours if you weren't at the hospital with Gwen." Mom scolded with a strong huff.

"I can't just do nothing!" I blew up and no one was stopping me like usual. "I could still remember vividly what happened that day. How she screamed in so much pain and then blood came out from coughing." I shivered at the sight that never goes away. Its as if she was still in front of me but I could not do anything.

"I was useless." Everything was blurry and I knew by then that I was crying. "Teddie." Mom pulling me into her big hug was like the final switch to my tears. I was sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm  scared of losing her. She was coughing so much blood. I - I didn't know what to do. No one did." She cooed me while her hand soothed my back with calming strokes.

"Everything is going to be fine. I promised."

"I don't know what to do." I whimpered like a sad and weak puppy. "First, you need to eat so you have enough energy and strength to help her. You can't help someone if you're too weak and starving." Dad squeezed my shoulder while giving me his ensuring smile.

"Then, we'll think together on how to help her. Five brains is better than one." Dad pulled me down to seat beside him and mom grabbed my plate.

After I had to stuff everything up until I felt like my stomach was going to explode, we sat down and as promised they tried to help. "Tell me what happened and don't leave a single thing. We need to know what's truly going on if we're going to help Elly." Grandma stared into me as if daring me to hide something.

"She's the Alpha's mate." I began but this sentence was enough to make the room's atmosphere heavy and hard to breathe. "I guess that much." Mom uttered before drinking her hot tea. I was relieved when they wanted to lend a helping hand because I had no idea of what I needed to do to help her, my best friend. Before, I was always the one advising her what to do when she has a problem with her friends and mate but now, everything was out of power - out of my reach.

However, at glancing at my nonchalant mother made me feel shameful at accepting their helping hand. "I shouldn't have asked for your  help." I whispered because I was a coward, I need their help but I was hurting my family again. "Don't worry, sweetie. I'm fine." As if sensing I was going to stop asking for help, she gave me her smile that would always comfort me when things were getting bad or when I failed to score a goal for the game.

"I want to help her. I haven't properly met your friends but I know you're happy because you always light up when you talked about them." She reached for my hand before giving it a squeezed. "And I want to protect the things or someone that makes my baby boy happy."

"Besides, I think it's my duty to help her because I know what she feels." Her soft motherly stare was replaced by hard glare with a hint of pain in her eyes. Her hand clenched her mug and I could also feel the squeezed became tighter. "I want to." She was dead set on helping me.

So that morning, I told them about everything. "When he rejected her - " I stopped and no one told me to continue on because they knew what had happened. "An Alpha being controlled by the wolf and on top of that, couldn't resurface." My dad noted on Kyle's sudden abnormal behavior. "It was as if the wolf was blocking him from interfering." He commented and mom nodded in agreement. "I haven't heard about this before."

"But-" He stared at mom and she nodded.

"Darling, why don't you go and visit Elly at the hospital." Mom suddenly intercepted what dad was going to say but I doubted he was. "I'm waiting for-"

"She's already here." Grandma spoke before the doorbell rang. "I'll go with Ted." My sister stood up and I waited for her but mom was already in front of her. "Eloise. I don't think that's a good idea. You need to stay here - in the neutral area." Mom pressed the last words. "Fine." She knew what could have happened if she went with me at the hospital in the Moonlight's territory. "I'm sorry, honey, but you know you can't go there. I don't want to lose you." Eloise nodded as mom pulled  her into a hug. "But maybe one day?" Mom stared at dad - asking for help. "Maybe." He smiled at her but as soon as she looked away, he had a sad smile on. She wasn't a seven-year-old girl anymore but her dream never went away.

"Wait Ted!" I was walking out of the door before Eloise told me stop. "I need to buy something. So I'll just go with you half way." Mom let her go and she quickly went upstairs to change. "Hey." I opened the door to a pale Gwen with swollen eyes and a red nose. "Hey. You okay?" I asked her and she nodded but then shook her head. "I still can't get believe she's not with us." All air was sucked out of my body at her words and I felt a strong wave of emotion to scold her for saying that.

"She's not dead." Those harsh words came out from my clenched jaw. Gwen must have realized what she had said and soon after, her eyes started to water and her mouth tried to form words but she couldn't. "I - I - didn't -" All  anger evaporated and all I wanted to do was hug this shaken girl who looked worst then me. "I know and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it like that." Her head barely able to shake because I was hugging her. "But she's not dead yet. She's still fighting and we're also going to do the same." She sniffled and nodded at my words. I sighed in relief and somehow found myself enjoying her warmth.

"Let's go-" My sister stood in front of the door in surprise but then she was smiling with mischief and Gwen, at hearing my sister's voice, quickly pushed me away and her pale face was now bright red until her ears. "She's just coming with us half way." I explained to her. "I'll be out of you two lovebirds' hair soon. So don't stop." She had a full on grin on her face. She stood between Gwen and me before pulling us by the shoulders. "Let's go!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Don't you just love the bit of interaction from Ted and Gwen. But what's going on with the Miller? What does Ted's mom has to do with the Moonlight Pack?

Vote if you want these two to be together and tell me what you think is going to happen to them? 

THANK YOU FOR READING.