Chapter 40 : Onward

Mason:

"Are you going to tell me-" We were on our way to the pack and the silence in the car was comfortable with a low volume music in the background. She had a meltdown at the toy shop just now but now, she's holding up pretty well. The toy on her lap really did put a smile on her face and she was humming to the tune until awhile ago.

"Who were going to meet?" She had been curious about them since we entered the shop. "Someone who'll tell us what's actually happening - or something like that." I hinted. "Someone who can satisfy your need for answers and someone who has a kid." She laid out her clues and tried to figure it out. "You know him." 

"Aa-ha so it's a guy." 

"Yeah, but I'm hoping to talk to his wife as well. I think I know how to help Elly." At hearing the name, she immediately turned towards me. "You know how to wake Elly up?" I scratched my head at her direct question, I was expecting this but somehow the pressure was surreal. "I'm not sure about waking her up but maybe we can solve a few mysteries that her and her friends are trying to figure out. But what I want to know was how did things get too complicated." I mumbled the last part.

"I think there's something even that witch doesn't know." That was enough to silence her as her mind try to decipher what I said. The drive continued to remain in a pleasant silence but she was no longer humming to the tune. She was too busy in her world. "Meeting Jax made me realized something." I briefly glanced towards her before looking back at the road.

"It was blind luck that I could fool Axel. I could've ruined my chance to see Hugh again if he knew I lied."

It was getting colder as each seconds passed by.

"And that I cannot trust anyone anymore except for the people I truly know."

"So, I'm asking you this- can I trust you?" She held her breath as she awaits my answer. It didn't take long because I was already expecting her question when I introduced her to Jax. I needed her too fully believe me because I was risking my own neck in saving these two people, who are important in my life.

"You can believe me. I'm willing to sacrifice myself so you two can be together again." 

"Then, tell me what happened that day. Why were you injured?" This was going to be a long ride, I've thought and tried to think of where to start. "I killed someone." I started and I heard her gasped. "It was a vampire and apparently he found something related to the Moonlight pack that could jeopardized you're false information. "When Axel and Thomas came to the pack to talk about how vampires and werewolves were fighting-"

"-was it because of you?" I nodded.

"But it wouldn't have gotten huge if they hadn't make it. You know, how Thomas love to manipulate people. He used this chance to keep a close eye on Moonlight pack, if they agree to the plan on reuniting." I had heard the warriors talking about the vampires sudden visit to the pack without any appointment beforehand. "Mason-" I turned towards her as we waited for the green light.

"You could have been killed or worst, if they had caught you-" She gripped my hand from the wheel and tighten her hold as if she needed to feel my warmth to see if I was here. I would have done anything for you.

"It was the only thing I had to do to protect you. I was the one who got you involve. Think of it as paying my debt towards you and Hugh." I smiled before continuing our journey home to another interrogation. "What was the information he had?" 

"Let's just say I know why she's thirsty for revenge and a chance card to stop her once and for all." No one knew why she hated this pack that it had become an obsession of hers but now I'm getting the full picture and maybe something more.

"Thank you." She softly said with tears brimming her eyes. "No problem. Just promise me that you'll live happily after all of this ends." She nodded and quickly wiped her tears.

Please be happy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In case you're confuse on who is who:

Axel and Thomas were from Chapter 2 and 3 where they visited Moonlight Pack to discuss the problem between the two species - vampire and werewolf.

Axel is also the one who Nicky (the lady in the hoodie) met at the secret diner where she reported that Violet was Kyle's mate and they have a child together, named Hugh (I'm pretty bad at choosing names >_<).

Hugh was mentioned in Chapter 4 when the witch teleported Nicky's soul to see her son :'( (Stay strong girl!)

I haven't announced the witch's name yet but it will soon be revealed!! ^_^

\\ THANK YOU FOR READING AND TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS \\