Chapter 77: I swear to tell the truth and only the truth

Elizabeth Peterson:

The room was suffocating with dominance as power Alphas sat across each other in their lavish suits. However, their attires fell short from stimulating anyone's visual senses - they were more suitable for a funeral especially with their expression. From the start, their eyes remain stoic, while their body language screamed authority.

My stomach churned nervously as my turn was next and I have to tell them every single detail. This is to judge Kyle and what punishment is suitable for him and his family.

Kayla gave me an ensuring smile that held tenderness as I cleared my throat to begin. I just wish I don't throw up my breakfast from all these overflowing Alpha auras.

"Miss Peterson, please be at ease. You did no wrong. We only want to know your side of the story. It would be helpful if you could tell us everything but if you feel uncomfortable, we allow you to tell Alpha Kayla in private as we trust her credentials." One of the Alpha informed with a smile. I've thanked for the generous offer but I was ready to tell them everything.

"We met when Kyle came to Pearl Pacm for a friendly visit to our Alpha. When we met, I knew we were mates and we spent time together before I followed him here because I've thought we were going to live together as mates. But once we arrived, he introduced me to Christopher as someone who wants to join the pack and nothing more. He did not even spoke about us being mate. However, Christopher degraded my worth as a werewolf since I don't have an inner wolf and cannot shift. As to prove myself, I suggested that I would join their warrior training." Then, I've told them about my training and how I had to take history class as one of the course.

"I was given the chance to learn swordmanship as I cannot shift to increase my possibility to win against a wolf." I explained.

"I noticed that Kyle was cheating on me when I suddenly felt a painful pain inside me. It felt as if my insides were burning while my heart felt an instensed sadness which I didn't know was possible to be sad without knowing why. I went to see Dr. Dan and he answered my question which I wish he didn't and just lied to my face. He was the one who told me that my pain was similar to when a mate is being cheated on. He gave me pills to lessen the pain-" I handed them the bottle that was already emptied.

"But he wouldn't prescribed me with a second bottle because it was dangerous to myself and my future plans to bear children." Those pills represent the frequency of his love affairs with Violet.

"I know I was foolish beyond repair when I was still clinging onto him but I just hope -" My voice cracked.

"I just hope we could have a happy ending and this was an obstacle that would bring us closer together and make our bond stronger." My eyes blurry as I looked down on my fidgeting hands.

"But now I see, I was only demeaning myself after getting scolded by my family. In spite of all that, I do not regret meeting him because I was able to meet my friends that stayed loyal and love me despite everything. And I was able to become someone stronger physically and mentally." I wiped my tears and confidently stared at each of the Alphas.

Afterwards, I told them about a memory that was force to be forgotten. "It was a rare moment that Kyle confessed his feelings but I doubt he felt half of what he said." I spat and continued to tell my story. "Christopher must have known about this and ordered Hunter to erase out memories."

I informed that once I received the necklace for my birthday, the excruaciating headache started. "It was as if a fully loaded truck of heavy bricks is repeatedly crushing my skull. And this happens when I try to remember something or when I see snippets of the forgotten memories."

"My parents told me that they saw this jewelry when they were passingby a shop and it just caught their eye. However, my parents have just checked and the shop has no recollection of the necklace and never saw it before."

"Then, it came to light that Violet, the woman Kyle has been cheating with, is my friend's mate. They had a one-sided fight, of course, Kyle was the receiving end. Nevertheless, Ted tried to start over with her and we helped him because I thought it was the perfect opportunity to end their relationship and we were finally able to be together."

"But that too turned sour when everything was about to return to their rightful places. Someone spike our drinks with some kind of potion that erased everyone's memories of Kyle and me being mates." We still don't know who did this.

"But I didn't get to drink that night because my head was hurting again. The next day, I saw Kyle with Violet. Ted rejected her that night saying he couldn't stay with someone like her and my friends have forgotten about mostly everything I have told her about our relationship." That was when my heart started to stop loving him because I was tired of this chasing game that bore no fruit and just pain to myself.

"We've tried to figure about the drinks but I was unexpectedly in heat and Kyle sensed this. His wolf took control and was forcing me to submit but luckily, Violet calmed him using the baby card and he officially rejected me. But who knew getting rejected could put you in coma." I also explained that it could be because I was already weak from a recent falling accident.

"During the coma, I was in another world with my inner wolf, Shimmer, and a lady that I called Pearl but actually she was Emma Silver. The witch was slandered to be evil by the Walters since before. Apparently, she was the mate of Nate Walters, the first son of Lucas Walters. However, a witch was not preferable to be the next Luna despite everyone liking her." I explained the everything that was shown to me by her.

"Just a few questions before you go. This is to make sure everything you said is understood correctly and corresponds with what you've said." I nodded and answered all truthfully.

"Thank you, Miss Peterson." The Alpha beside Kayla beamed a generous smile that made my heart stopped a beat. He was a good looking fella but I had enough romance to ask for fifty-years of vacation. As I walked out the door, relief streamed in me and all the bad memories became lighter because everyone was standing and waiting for me outside.

I ran to my parents to hug them and soon everyone joined in. "Let's get ice cream." Sophia cheered. "I'm getting double scoop!" I voiced out.