Chapter 52 : Betrayal kills a family

FINALLY! THE PETERSON HAS COME TO KILL AND THEY ARE NOT PLAYING AROUND.

Sophia Peterson :

"That's the last bag." The car was at the brimmed of exploding with luggage, which most of them were empty and ready to be filled with sis's items later. "Did you put the baseball bat in there?" Dad wasn't playing around with his anger today, since Beta Jack came into our house for a full report briefing of what was actually happened all this years of Elly being at the Moonlight Pack. Everyone was furious being threshold but it took longer for him to explain when dad kept on running off with a bat. It wasn't a bad idea, it was great, but there was more.

"I still can believe Elly hide this." I was holding onto a scrapbook slash photobook I had made for her upcoming birthday. There was pictures and polaroids pasted with stickers and words from everyone. I had spent most of my hours on making this, just to know that she was in a coma and had a big jackass mate.

"I'm sure she has her reason." Will, the most matured twin between us, replied with a grim face. He was lying to himself and we all could see it. "Yeah. She always has her head in the cloud about finding a mate and living a happy ending like all of her books." I joked but it was strained. "We need to get rid of those books." He added and now he was smiling, he reached my hand and clenched them because both of us needed it.

"I'm sure she's going to wake up." Beta Jack had told us about her state. She was well but the doctors couldn't figure out about the reasons of her coma. "You should show her present early then schedule." I nodded at my little brother's suggestion.

"Are we ready to go?" Dad looked at us and we nodded without any excitement. We weren't able to come early because mom fainted from the shock and we had to get her stable enough to travel before going. Sammy had arrived as soon as dad called about Elly and mom's condition. He was as livid as dad but his face was redder and he broke a chair. Luckily, Kayla came to cool him down.

The drive was quiet and fast, we had only stopped when it was truly necessary, which was only for toilet breaks. Mom was fine now and had prepared food for both cars - Sam and Kayla had drove their own car. It was already late at night when we arrived and the pack seemed hidden and mysterious with all the trees surrounded the area. With the moon shinning in between the leaves, it felt like walking into a horror movie except maybe this was one. Our only sister was in a coma and she had to endured her mate's cheating while trying to prove herself worth.

No wonder she seemed physically strong the last visit, she had to go trained just because she wasn't able to shift like the rest of us. I clenched my fists when I thought about those people and my heart beats faster like it was punching their pretty faces. 'Hey, calm down.' My twin mind-linked when he noticed I was burning with anger.

"You should rest at my house." Beta Jack and another pregnant lady were waiting for us in front of the humongous pack house. He was holding her hand, which made it obvious that they were mate. This was supposed to be how my sister's life should had been, not being unconscious and hurting. "I'm Maya. I'm Elly's friend." I wasn't sure to believe if she was one. "What kind of friend let my daughter get hurt?" Mom wanted to yell but she restrained herself because Maya was pregnant and it was already late. As anger as we were, we respect other people. She whimpered at the question and had her head down. "I - I'm sorry."

"Let's talk inside." Sensing my mom had more to say, Beta Jack lead us into his house which was a wasn't far from the pack house. Everyone settled down and there was already drinks and snacks readied on the coffee table as soon as we walked inside. "Will, Sophia, you two should head to bed." Dad ordered but I wasn't going to miss what this lady had to say to prove herself that she was a good friend to my sister. "I want to stay." I told them and held Will's hand to stop him from standing up. "I have every right to know about my sister just like everyone." Dad looked like he wanted to fight back but he knew I was right. "Fine." I nodded.