Chapter 17 : Interrogation pt 1

"So you're telling me, nothing out of ordinary happened?" He nodded "But Kyle did go back to you after the big announcement-"

"What announcement?" Maya cut him off and both of them looked at each other like they were both crazy. "The announcement about making her the Luna of the pack but suddenly the next morning he told me he wants Violet to be the Luna." One of his eyebrow rose to Maya. "You were there when that happened. You stood beside me. We all cheered when he told the pack he has found his Luna." His tone was desperate to make Maya remember. "This is unbelievable!" He let out a frustrated sigh.

"Tell me that when I woke up to know he didn't want me anymore." I told him. "Is that why you asked me if Elly was okay?" Maya asked and he nodded. "How?" His words reflected the question we had been asking since I retold Maya.

"That's what we're trying to figure out and I thought you would know something." He shook his head and apologize. "I'm as baffled as you are. I just knew this a few seconds ago."

"Can you tell me what actually happened since you were the only one who does remember I'm his mate." He cleared his throat and began telling us.

"After he put you in your room, he went to give the announcement. He said it's what you would have wanted. He declared you as the Luna and everyone cheered. It was glorious, you should have seen it, the number of people cheering out your name and his." Maya took this information as I did.

"Then, he went off to see you. He looked a bit distorted but I assumed its the amount of alcohol he had in his system. We did, apparently, order a much stronger alcohol for this very occasion." He winked at us as if this was a secret information to trick Alpha Chris. "But then someone called me saying Kyle passed out. Probably from drinking too much. And then the next day, he told me -" He suddenly stopped and gave me a sympathetic look. "What? What did he tell you?" Even if I could guess what it was.

"He said Violet should be our Luna and he told me that you would have no problem being one but Violet fits the picture more and that he loves her." Somehow I could see him saying those words and I would have been feeling defeated and small beside Violet, the gorgeous red hair lady.

"And of course as your friend and his, I got mad and we fought but he was as stubborn as a mule." He gave out a tiring sigh. "What about Ted?" Thinking about him and Violet together made me remember about my friend. I have been too focus on me that I've completely forgotten that Ted was also involved with this and it pains me too know what happened to him as I remembered his happy face when he was with Violet.

"After Kyle left, I saw them sneaking off but I really didn't care because they're mates and I was looking after my wasted mate myself." He eyed Maya like a scolding father and Maya just shrugged it off with a toothy smile. I could see he was trying to suppress his smile.

"Then what happened to them?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry Elly, they didn't come back to the party so I don't know." I didn't want to accept the answer but it was the only answer I've got. "I still don't understand why everyone forgotten about you and Kyle." He voiced out with his head bury in Maya's hair. They were inseparable and that brought a smile on my face. I was happy for her but at the same time I was starting to feel jealous.

"Okay lovebirds, you have anything just call. I have a long list of victims that I need to question."

"I'll see you in ten." Maya suddenly said and I told her it was okay if she didn't tag along but obviously she stubbornly going. I couldn't hide a smile. She was my best friend and I'm happy that someone is beside me while I uncovering the secret.

__________________________________________________________________________________

○_○ What's going on? Jackson remembered what actually happened that night? How come? Will he be the key to this mystery? ^__^ Wait and see for yourself.

Thank you for reading ♡♡♡