Chapter 41 : The Truth pt 1

Mason:

"Wait." I pulled Nicky to a stop when I detected someone that I've been trying to not get in his radar. His was a problem that I didn't want to get involve, yet. Soon, the door opened and came out a man that looked like age caught him but the way he brought himself showed that he still had the same energy and strength when he was young. "What is Alpha Chris doing here?" She whispered directly in my ear which caught me off guard. I didn't notice we were standing too close with each other. "To prove my suspicion." I cleared my throat and we continue to head over to where he once came out of after the coast was clear.

"Hey, Nicky! And Mason. What's a nice surprise to see you two again." Roxy welcomed us at the door with a big smile. "Sorry for coming unannounced but there's something we have to talk about." We entered the house and everything was the same except it was quieter with the kids not around. "Griffon went to play with Maleah and the other kids." As if she was reading my mind, she explained the quietness.

"So what did you want to talk about?" We were seated at the living room after Roxy made a new batch of tea after her guest before us. "I want to talk to you and your husband, Hunter, as well." Talk of the devil, Hunter welcomed us with his presence as if I had summoned him. "What is it?" He looked a bit distraught but he hid it well except for his eyes. "Hunter, correct me if I am wrong but you're a witch, aren't you?" His eyes didn't give it away as if he had expected this question to come out of my mouth. Nicky seemed shocked but acted normal while Roxy sipped her tea beside her husband.

"I'm impressed with your conclusion after spending only a few hours at my house yesterday." His answer was lukewarm and somehow dangerous. "You did asked my boy to show a few tricks-"

"And you healed Maleah's wrist with a blow. She couldn't stop telling us how amazing it was for you to heal all her wounds." He chuckled at the mention of the little girl. "I really do have a soft spot for Clyde's daughter."

"Fine. You win, yes, I am a witch."

"Besides, you're hair gave it away." I took a sip of my coffee, I had told Roxy that I was a coffee fan rather than tea. He looked stunned at my words and was fidgeting in his seat. "What do you mean?" 

"I mean that you're from the Silver family of witches. A family name that has been gone for years after a terrible accident that had caused the only heir to her death. You have their traits and so does your son."

"Silver hair and shining eyes when using magic." He huffed out a tiresome sigh and shut his eyes at my observing skills. "but Griffon eyes doesn't shine like yours. His barely noticeable, might have something to do with his age." Griffon's magic must have not been fully awaken yet.

"You must have known about this?" I asked his wife, who has been a spectator since the beginning. "A few days after I married him, I accidentally found out." She calmly told us. "I wanted to wait until you told me. I never felt hurt from your secrecy, if you were wondering. I had stayed here and understood why you had to keep a secret." She gave him an ensuring smile while holding his hands. "I'm sorry, Roxy. Everyday, I always wanted to tell you but it was dangerous." His head slumped down as guilt ate his conscious years and today was the final bite.

"What are you hiding from?" Nicky finally voiced out her curiosity. "My blood isn't wanted here-"

"The blood of a witch?" He nodded. "But most of all, I have the right to take the throne of the Alpha." I smiled at what he said and Nicky seemed to understand more than I had thought. "The name that had brought the horrendous disaster to this pack and Sunset pack. The witch, I think I remembered I read somewhere that she was known for her beauty and extraordinary silver hair. But the witch had brought misfortune when jealousy indulged her and she bewitched the first son and destroyed Sunset pack in a day." He nodded at her explanation.