Chapter 47 : The Surprise Visit

Gwen Sparke :

It took awhile to find her place and I had imagined a beautiful mansion with varieties of colourful flowers that brightens the whole scenery as the path leads to the main door but where I'm standing right now, feels cold and dangerous. Despite the bed of flowers and the man-made fountain in the middle of something more outstanding than a mere mansion - it was a castle and it had guards, lots of them. It made me feel intimated and my mind screamed 'DANGER!'.

These people could smell me miles away, more like, they could see my blood running through my body and veins. I could feel their eyes from all around the house but no one tried to approached me, I felt like I was a mouse walking straight to a trap. I held my bag tighter and covered my skin from the cold breeze. The chill wasn't from the weather but from their stares. As my eyes dart around me to see if anything would suddenly popped out and kill me, a small figure suddenly ran into me. I fell onto the stoned pathway and the kid fell onto me.

"I'm sorry." He scurried off and tried to help me up but took his hands away before I could take them. He watched me get up and as soon as I looked back at him, he quickly looked down. "You're bleeding." His knees must have scraped onto the road when we fell down. "Let me heal you-" He pushed my hand away before I could do anything to his bleeding knees.

"I can do it." He's voice sounded more confident than before and he proved his words. They healed perfectly. "That's amazing. Where did you learn that from?" It was uncommon for kids to flawlessly heal themselves with magic at his age. "From me." A woman's voice pulled my attention from the kid, who might be seven. "Gwen, I wasn't expecting you."

"I-"

"Ah -" She stopped me and offered to come inside to have a more comfortable talk. "Do you like tea?" I nodded at her question and with a snap, a woman in a maid uniform came with a tray of hot brewing tea in a beautifully crafted porcelain teacup and a set of matching teacups. "Can I play outside? I want to play with the toy mommy had bought for me." The boy, who obediently came with us, finally spoke his mind. I'm sure the kid prefers to play outside rather than sipping tea and listening to adults talk. "Go ahead but make sure Jax's with you if you want to play in the water." He was holding a toy boat and as soon as she had gave him a green light, he ran away after pecking her cheeks.

"That's my grandson." She smiled as her eyes watched the door closed. "He's very talented." She boasted and I could see why.

"So, why did you come here, dear?" She took a sip of the tea with so much posh and elegance. She seems more like a queen rather than a witch, who had taught me at camp. She fits perfectly in this castle.

"Do you know how to break a curse?" Her eyebrow rose from my question and she put down her cup. I haven't touched mine since the teacup scream expensive and one of a kind. "How do you know its a curse?" She asked me back which made me think about how confident I was at believing Os every words without doubting him but if he said it was true then it is. He had the whole Miller's family to prove that a curse was present at the Moonlight pack.

"I read that a curse can be proven with solidifying it to a mark." She nodded at my knowledge. "Then, have you seen this mark on the anyone?" It took me awhile to answer. "I haven't but I believe it is a curse." Her eyes seemed amused with my blind confidence. "Then to answer your question, only the caster can undo her curse or her bloodline but that's a slim chance."

"The caster needs to-" My worries grew because we don't know who did the curse or even if he or she was alive. "How do you find-"

"The caster? Simple, you call them with a sacrifice. A blood for a blood. A life for a life." It was simple but it's an expensive cost to pay. Making a curse can only be done by one ritual and that is to use your own soul for an exchange to a power so dark that it binds to the host for generations. It's a painful way to die.

"Can an animal be called as a sacrifice?" She hummed at the thought as she thought about a mere animal sacrificed to use for a calling. "Nope." She popped her 'p' as if the topic was something light and enjoyable. "You don't have to kill, you could just use the blood of the host but its preferred to use their souls."

"Makes everything more fun, don't you think?" She laughed after a long pregnant silence filled the whole room. "I'm joking, dear."

"Now, since I have answered your questions, answer mine." She had a sweet smile but it brought chills in me. "Who's your cursed friend?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FINALLY, GWEN IS BACK. DID YOU MISS HER?

THANK YOU FOR READING \|^_^|/