Chapter 30 : Oreo the Cat

Ted Miller :

"Do you still want to see him?" I asked my sister through our mind-linked because Gwen was here. "Yeah." She answered within seconds and then she block me out before I could as her any more questions.

"How is she?" I haven't realize that we were already here and my sister separated from us fifteen minutes ago. Gwen asked Maya after they greeted each other with a hug. This interaction was like their life source when especially to Gwen before going to a motionless Elly. The hug was warm and the brief pressure was a secret language saying that she's still alive and fighting and that's everything was going to be fine.

"Hey Ted." I needed it as well. "How are you and the baby?" I can already see her small baby bump since werewolf's pregnancy is much faster than humans. "We're fine." She glanced down to her tummy and stroked it. "I hope she'll be there when the time comes."

We spend hours and hours at the hospital - waiting for a miracle to happen. Dr Dan still found nothing but he promised us, he won't stop until he does. We were glad he was the doctor and was still filled with passion and motivation to treat her even if it was like finding a needle in a haystack.

"You should go and rest. It's not good for the baby." Gwen tried to make Maya go home but she was too stubborn. "I want to stay." She wasn't budging but both of us knew she was hiding the discomfort from sitting for too long and not moving around in the medium-sized room. "Maya, I'm not asking you to go home. I'm ordering you. You don't want to stress the baby too much." Even though her tone was cautionary but her stares were soft and pleading. We didn't want any of our friends to get hurt. "Okay." She sighed in defeat and gave us a hug before kissing Elly's forehead. "Please wake up." She whispered and pulled away before a tear could fall onto the sleeping beauty.

"I'm going to check the baby's gender next week. Do you guys want to come?" It was a happy moment and we need this bits of moment at this time of day. "Sure." I replied before she exited the room.

"It's getting late. We should head back." It's already dark outside and mom already contacted me about leaving my dinner in the microwave. Gwen stared blankly at Elly, she hasn't even move an inch - just her chest showed us she was still alive and breathing. It took a few minutes before she agreed to me. We said our good byes and encourage her to stay strong and keep fighting before I drove both of us home. The air in the car was heavy and tensed that the music was too loud despite being at the lowest volume. I opened the window to in hoping the cold air could take it away but nothing worked. We were both quiet and it was always light this from the first visit.

"See you tomorrow?" The same question from my mouth to her and she would just nod before thanking me and getting out of the car.

"I'm home." I called out softly because it was getting late but they never fall asleep before making sure I was home safely. I know my parents wasn't very keen on me going to there but they kept quiet and smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was the usual except I've been eating a lot more and began to talk especially about yesterday's visit. Everyone looked normal except for mom and dad, they were anxious and dad wouldn't stop going back to the same page. Mom has been holding her finished mug but she didn't notice it and no one would have with how she interacted with everyone and the smile on her face.

"Okay, that's enough. What's wrong with you too?" Eloise finally exploded and eyed each of our parents. Dad looked like a dear caught in the headlights while mom just went quiet. "What do you mean, dear?" He tried to play it cool but it wasn't working with his voice breaking.  "You know what I mean." She replied back with a sharp stare as if she was an eagle looking for food.

"Just tell them, Hayden." Grandma calmly spoke while still eating her breakfast without watching the scene in front of her. Both of my parents sighed and gave one look at each other before pulling us out from the dark. "We're going to have a guess." She said with an uneasy smile.

Meow.

A cat was licking its fur at the opened kitchen's window and I instantly recognized it. "Oreo?" I stood up and picked Oreo from the window with a confusion in my face. He never wondered around here before because he would always laze around in her room or just wondered the pack's land. "What are you doing here, buddy?" I scratched the back of his ear and he purred in satisfaction.

"You're early." Mom commented while staring at the cat. "Ted put him down." She ordered and despite the weird behavior, I followed. "You should introduce yourself properly, old man." Grandma spoke and by now she had stopped eating. "What's going on?" I asked them.

Oreo meowed before a hurricane of light devoured him and became taller. A strong wind suddenly blew in the house and all the pots, plates and utensils rattled as if an earthquake visited us. I shut my eyes closed from the bright light since Oreo was literally in front of me. "Granny, give little Os a smile." A man with an old school slicked back haircut in a black suit greeted grandma but she quickly shoved him away with her fork. "Always so harsh to love me back." 

"I don't know anyone who's too vain and scared to grow old." She criticized without batting an eye. "If I did grow old with you, would you still accepted me?" What was happening here? Who is this guy whose flirting with my almost sixty-year-old grandma.

"I'll say it a thousand times and a thousand more. Stop being a weirdo and help us like how you did before." She was straightforwardly asked for his help in a very uncivil manner with her fork still aimed towards him. "Since, you're the one asking." He bowed instead of trying to reach for a kiss on her hand like a prince coming straight out of a romance novel. "Os, can you please stop flirting with my mom even if my dad's not here." Dad groaned with a disgust looked on his face from witnessing someone courting his very not young mother.

"Hayden, you look like your father every time I visit. The eerie resemblance brings shivers to my bone especially when you glare. It's as if he's here." He commented mischievously but dad ignored him and so he moves onward to mom.

"Susan!" He called before pulling mom into a big hug.

__________________________________________________________________________________

More secrets are unraveling itself's one by one.

Is Ted's mother linked with the flower blooming alone? Did you guys expect that Oreo is Os?

Vote if you can't wait to find out more about Ted's mother and tell me what do you think happened between old Grandma and Os.

THANK YOU FOR READING.