Chapter 33 : I Promise

Mason :

I had little time in finding about the necklace even if she was lying defenseless and unconscious for a month but I couldn't even get to her close with her friends always staying over until late at night and when they're not there, surprisingly that person was.

"Dr Dan has reported to me about you. That you have fully recovered." He looked a bit skinny and unkempt than last night. Yesterday was very eventful but somehow no one in this pack noticed about how he and someone guy almost fought at the hospital room.

"Yeah. He's a good doctor." He took care of me and always smiled when I tried to brush him off from giving me any more bitter medicine or take any more of my blood but what made him bearable was that he knew that my wounds were different and kept quiet about it. He kept treating me.

"Your injuries-" Or maybe he didn't kept quiet and reported it back to his Alpha. Now, I was annoyed about being question.

"How did you get them?" I stared into his eyes and found out that he was oblivious about them. I take back what I said about that over-cheerful doctor. Maybe I could make him my ally while I'm here. He is the one treating her and knows about her medical conditions.

"I tried to outrun a vampire." It was somewhat the truth.

"I was a lone wolf where I used to live. It's not that I didn't want to join a pack or something but it's just that I had been taking care of my human parents - they adopted me." His eyes were focused on me and it was a bit hard to see if he had bite onto the lie.

"After they died, I had no one and finding a pack was a bit difficult because I don't exactly know much about them or where they're staying. Then one night, I was working late and a vampire suddenly jumped out of an alley. He told me that my wolf reek and told me to scram out of this town or else-" I trembled in remembering something that didn't even happened. Before I could continue, someone knocked on the door and came in with a tray. "Thank you, Morgan." She bowed before leaving without glancing at me. She must have sensed the tensed air in the room from my traumatic experience.

God, my mouth was itching to laugh at how idiotic everyone was. No wonder, she could pulled off by putting the potion in their drinks without them noticing but it was also thanks to her magic that hides her presence.

"Have some tea. It's great for calming down." I drank it with my trembling hands and slowly drank the hot tea. I did feel lighter and the tea was great.

"You can continue." He gave me an ensuring smile and somehow I was sensing that he felt sympathy towards me. Caught you.

I was in his office for more than hour and I even added a few tears here and there. I chuckled when his office was out of sight and wiped the fake tears. He welcomed me into the pack and said something about a small ceremony for the newcomers. Annoying.

"How did it go?" She was in her usual clothes and had a smile paste on for her act. I really underestimated her abilities to be a spy in her own pack. I felt almost sorry for getting her involved with this but it was either her, her sister which was too young or her mother but she was too old. She was the perfect prey, a teen and curious about everything. When the reports about her mother moving out of this pack, I had to act as her friend and had to be a wingman for that arrogant boy.

"I'm in but what's with the stupid ceremony?" She laughed and I haven't heard her laughing after knowing Axel was only using her. He was an idiot and careless. He was only suppose to mesmerize her until she would do all their bidding but he couldn't keep it in his pants and ended her pregnant. 

"It's just to introduce you to everyone." 

"We're going to get Hugh out of there and then we're going to stay somewhere no one would be able to find us." She didn't expect me to hear that from me since I was always been a prick and heartless but I cared for her and that boy. They were innocent and I was the one who pulled them into this mess.

"Thanks  but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. Anne has been telling that once this is over, she'll welcomed me into her home - her family." I could see the reluctance in her voice. "I'm going to save you two. I promise." Her eyes were moist but she quickly wiped them off and coughed out her feelings before putting on her smiles again. "Don't promise me something that's going to happen. I don't deserve it after what I did." She walked off.

"I'm not."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a bit of information on what happened to our Lady in the Hoodie.