Chapter 39 : Toy Shop

Nicole Robinson (a.k.a The Lady in the hoodie):

"You can pick it up in a few hours, Olivia." The lady who works at the dry cleaning smiled, ignoring that I only send a worn out hoodie to get it professionally wash. I walked out with a receipt in my hand before putting it in my pocket since I was travelling light to the town nextdoor. Mason was outside waiting for me with his new cup of coffee while sitting in a bench at the center of town.

"You're still with that habit." I remarked when I stood right in front of him, where we could see the peaceful human town. It was easy to not trace anything back to you when you go to the humans because they don't have heightened nose to know that you spilled a potion on your hoodie. He looked up from me with a questioned face written all over. "You always get caffeine when you think or do something." I've been there, where Axel lives and he showed me Mason's work place. And the one think I could remember vividly were the smell of strong coffee and there were paper cups everywhere - some stack to build a tower and some discarded into the bin with stains of coffee as prove.

"It helps me to think." He smiled and my heart somehow beat faster. I have been having this feeling since he told me to trust him at Roxy's house. Maybe, he's just too good looking or something.

"Nicky, if you keep staring at me so seriously, I'll blush." What he said pulled my thoughts all together. He was smirking and I quickly turned away from the devilish man. '-man in love.' I remembered what Jax had commented on him.

Does he like me? I glanced beside me.

"We got one more stop to go." He announced after finishing his cup of coffee. "Let's go, Watson. There's one more mystery to solve until the sun seta on us."

"It's too early for the sun to set." He rolled his eyes at my unenthusiastic reply. Are we really not going to talk about what Jax had said? I was going to blurt it out but stopped myself. I really wanted to know what he meant and who he meant.

Is there someone he likes at the pack? Someone involved with what we're doing now? The only person that I could think of is Elly but he has never met her before. So that's not it.

My chest hurts. Somehow thinking about it, feels unpleasant.

"Where are we going next? I have to pick my hoodie up in a few hours."

"Home but maybe it is too early for the sun to set. Let's go shopping while we wait for your hoodie." He took my hand and pulled me to follow his steps. "You okay? You're hand's cold." I was speechless because I didn't know what was happening to me.

"It's just the weather is a bit cold today." It was fall after all and I only wore a shirt but werewolves don't feel cold like human's do up to a certain degree.

"Those bite marks will disappear when you reject him." My hand instinctively went to my neck which had hid the teeth marks of a vampire. "Is he my mate or is this one of their hallucination to trick me?" I hated this marks. Whenever I saw them from the showers, I quickly closed my eyes but it gets worse when I remembered his warm embrace and his sweet words whispering in my ears. Those nights, I would spend with him was like a dream but soon reality pulled me awake to see what was really happening.

"We wanted to trick you at first. I put something in your drink as a stimulate to think Axel was your mate but when you two met that night, it was too good to be true. It was like he had found his treasure."

"I know this is hard for you especially since they blackmailed you to do something you hated by using your son but trust me, deep down, he likes you but he's hatred towards our kind blinded him. You don't have to worry about Hugh. Everyone there loves him, even the witch." He laughed darkly.

"Us, three, might be the only werewolves those bastards of a family likes."

"So don't worry too much about Hugh. He's in safe hands but what you need to worry is about yourself. Make sure, you get back to him." His hold got tighter as he said the words that ran a chill in my bones - "Even if I have to die."

The town somehow doesn't seemed that peaceful anymore and the sky felt too gloomy as if a storm was coming. The warmth from the sun felt far too cold. Now, I was really cold.

He went back to his cheerful self when we entered a toy store. I wasn't sure why but he said that we needed to buy a gift for our next appointment. The only clue I had was that the child was a boy. It's not Hugh but I was stupid to hope.

"Choose one for Hugh." What he said made my tears escaped. I didn't even notice I was on the verge of crying until it did.

"Come here." It must have been awkward to soothe a lady crying in a toy store but he did it and the shopkeeper went the other way - giving the couple a little privacy.

"It's going to be okay."

"Are we going to meet Hugh?" I blurted out with my voice cracking at my son's name. I missed him too much and always wondered how the hell did I lived until today without his touch or his voice.

"We're not but I'll tell Jax to send the toy to him. I'm sure he'll be excited to get a gift from his mom." It felt like an adult was trying to console a kid and my heart soothed a little at the sight of Hugh jumping in joy and played the toy I gave him until he fell asleep. "But I don't know what he likes-"

"I'll help you." He brushed off my tears and I slowly looked around the toy shop to see anything that my son would love.

"Don't worry too much. He loves his mommy and would love anything you'll give him." I was only there with him until he could call me and it scares me that he wouldn't recognize me anymore. It took awhile to choose since my head was in a mess but I was satisfied with what I've got him.

After paying the toys, we went to pick my hoodie up and went our way to the next destination.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, I can freely write Nicky's POV without worrying about hiding her cover to you guys and now, you'll now what she's going through.

THANK YOU FOR READING \|^_^|/