Chapter 73: The Monster huff and puff

Elizabeth Peterson:

'HE'S NOT CALMING DOWN!'

Dan yelled out and Kyle's growl grew louder each second as his paw took a step closer. The crushing pebbles under him were like a tracker beeping to notify its owner that its prey is getting closer but now it's all reversed. We were the ducks in this hunting game.

Everyone held their breathes and dad held us in his arms as a shield from the cruel monster. Now, it wasn't a monster under the bed that he has to protect us from but a real monster who wants blood. Sophia whimpered and closed her eyes while Willy held tightly onto her.

A snarl was just outside of the house and we could hear him sniffing the house as if he knew something was supposed to be here but just couldn't see it. Roxy was standing in front of Griffon while Hunter stood right in front of the window and was in a position that spoke loud and clear; I'm ready for anything!

No one let out a squeak and it felt like time froze to torture us from this loophole that would never pass. He snarled again and later his footstep moved away but no one moved, just breathing as quietly as we can.

After a few seconds and hearing nothing from the monster, we finally let out a breath of relief. "I think I lost 50 years of my life-"I've tried to lighten the mood but I spoke too soon. A sickening snapped and then a thunderous sound soared before hitting the house.

Glass splattered everywhere and everyone was lying on the floor. I saw Roxy shielding Griffon from the glass. Mom was in dad's arms, Sophia was a foot apart from Willy. Hunter stuck at the wall as a mammoth pinned him by the waist. He coughed out blood and was bleeding on his head. His eyes weren't focusing as he shook them a couple of times. Mason was thrown across the room. I couldn't see Sammy and Kayla but it could be because my head was ringing. My vision doubled and my leg stings.

"Mom-" I called out but something black wrapped around my body like a snake. It took a few seconds before I saw the black thing was a hand with long-gruesome nails that had blood at the tips of every finger and the arm was furry.

"Found you." I could feel his hot breath on my neck as I faced the scene around me. The living room was destroyed with traumatized victims. "Now, you can never hurt me." He let out a wicked laugh. I tried to squirm my way out from his grip but the more I moved, the tighter his hold become until I screamed in pain when I felt something crack.

He turned me around and now I was facing the most hideous werewolf I have ever seen. "The curse did you well-" I coughed as it was beginning to hurt when I breathe. "Now, everyone knows how ugly you look inside." He snarled at my snarky remark.

"You better watch what you're saying with that pretty mouth of yours if you don't want to see what horrible things I can do now." He glamoured his new strength without excluding his stinking laughter. "What do you really want from me? You pea-brained monster!" Honestly, that wasn't my best comeback but his grip was really hurting the peas out of me.

"Finally, someone had the decency to ask rather than attacking mindlessly." He brought me near his face and I could see the dead in his eyes. "I want you-"

"DEAD." He tightened his grip again and I cried in pain. My eyes were getting blurry from my tears and I could hear my heart beating rapidly. It felt like it was going to burst in just a few seconds. I was having trouble breathing and my cries sounded distraught.

"Beth!" His hold loosen as someone interrupted his torture. My head was on fire and I could hardly focus on what was happening. I saw a flash of light and then Kyle screamed in pain before he instinctively released me. I was falling like a piece of paper that was blown from the wind and was helplessly pulled by gravity without any sheer power to do anything.

"Got you." A loud grunt was next to my ear as his arms soften my fall. "You really need to stop getting hurt."

"Ted?" He hummed in response. I knew I was safe once again. "Everyone-" I stopped talking when the pain returned. "Everyone's fine and safe. Stop talking and let us fix you up." He warned.

Afterward, I felt a cold sensation running through my body, and slowly the pain to take one breath became less excruciating. My tears dried up and I felt amazing once I took a deep breath and my lungs exported all the oxygen into my body and heart. "There you go." A foreign figure sat next to me.

"Nice to finally meet you in person, Elizabeth."