Chapter 26 : What's hidden pt. 2

The lady in the hoodie :

"What the hell are you doing here?" I wanted to slap his smug face off as he stood in front of me with his arms folded together on his chest.

I've heard that Jack and Elly found someone badly wounded in the forest. But people seemed to be extra interested in him, as if he was an alien who came down on Earth, was because he entered the pack's ground without anyone noticing which was almost impossible since a warrior is an expert at detecting enemies.

"You okay?" I exasperatedly sighed and scanned him all over but there was nothing serious but cuts and bruises. "Fine. I healed up pretty good despite what they did to me."

"Why are you here anyway?" My tone was no longer strain nor was there a hint of anger but only tiresome. "I just wanted to surprise my lonely and depressing friend." He pulled my shoulder and drew me close. "And maybe I just want to run away from working with that witch." He snarled and all mischief in his eyes disappeared.

"Also, I saw her the other day. Your little buddy, Elly." My body froze and my muscle had become tensed. "Please tell me you didn't say anything stupid." I closed my eyes and prayed hard that nothing happened.

"Come on, have faith in me a little bit! I came after what you've told me and found something interesting." That perk my attention and eyes wide opened. He had a full wide smirk on which if this was another situation was annoying but now it was ensuring. Even though Mason was a werewolf but he was raised by that family since he was small. Making him all to familiar with anything regarding witchcraft and magic. If he was born a witch, he would have been a brilliant one.

"That necklace around her neck-" He ghostly touched my neck which made me have goosebumps. "Is ancient."

"Meaning? Speak English with me here. Not everyone knows what the hell does that mean." I snapped which caused him to put his hands up and took a distant from me.

"God, who twisted your panties?" He sarcastically remarked with an eye roll. "How do expect to understand your boy if you don't understand a simple word." I tried to pull him by his shirt but he was quick to avoid. "It means that it's either black magic or light magic since something as small as that necklace could hold something as powerful. And considering that you told me it would sometimes glow to a white light, it's mostly light magic." He explained.

"I'm pretty sure its protecting her from what I don't know but there's definitely something in her that's hurting her." I had told everything to him especially that Elly is Kyle's real mate. Also, I told him to investigate about the weird things that had been happening around her including the glow and her severe headache which wasn't normal for a werewolf to have.

"I need to see it to find out more." All jokes gone and here stood the serious Mason. "Maybe its related to her." He was talking to himself but I heard it. "Her?" I asked and he seemed a bit flabbergasted but it was gone as quick as it came. "Nothing. I'll tell you more when I find something." He was hiding it with his usual smile but he wasn't getting away with it.

"So what are you going to do?" But I wasn't going to force him to talk just yet. "You said she was staying with her witch friend. Then, that's where I'll be going." He wasn't always the type to tell you his plan if you weren't involve and it wasn't a surprise when he didn't. He grew up to be cautious and calculating despite his free attitude.

"You should be extra careful around here. Alpha Chris is sharper than what he looks like." He nodded at my advice.

"Show me around later. I was thinking off joining myself here for awhile of course. Just until I can find out what's hidden."

__________________________________________________________________________________

The hoodie lady brought a friend to the pack? Is he good or bad? Can he be trusted? Whats the secret of Elly's necklace?

Vote if you like this update and tell me what you think 😁

THANK YOU FOR READING