Chapter 25 : Searching pt. 1

Elizabeth Peterson:

"Its been awhile since I came here." Ted murmured as he stopped his bike which didn't leave the neighbourhood unnoticed. Now, we had all eyes on us but he played cool and ignore the attention.

"I think they're staring at you." He whispered while looking around. "I don't think I'm the one they're interested in." I pat his back and walked inside the pack house. "Is it because I dump their sorry princess's ass?"

"Where's everyone anyway?" He commented on the quiet atmosphere except for the rattling in the kitchen. "Usually, at this time, they're training the pack members." I wonder if Jack was covering for me with the kids. I missed teaching them especially little Maleah. "So what are we going to do? Search for magic? Interrogate someone until they cry? Or should we just beat the crap out of that asshole until he wants cry his eyes out like a baby." He darkly chuckled with somehow a satisfaction in his smile.

"Hold up, psycho. We're not doing anything that ends up being banished by coming here again especially since we need to solve this mystery and get everyone right again."

"But the last one does sound tempting." We laughed. "So if you want to magic-fy a large group of people in one place, how would you do it?" As we thought of the answer to influence the whole pack at such a short time, we say May taking out a huge amount of steak that smells amazing.

"By eating it!" Both of us answered the same time while looking at each other. Our eyes lighted up as if we just solved a big mystery.

"But drinking might also be an option." He added and I agreed because that night, they did serve drinks as well. Besides devouring the prepared food, people also consumed drinks that night. "But its impossible to track magic from a food or drink from the past." I sighed out my the only thing that was stopping us from finding a clue or even an evidence.

"We'll think about what to do with that problem later. First, I need to check on something." I briefly greet May and she seemed exhausted with a thick eye bag under her eyes. "She's adorable and just a bunch of sunshine but she just doesn't switch off especially in the middle of the night." She complained about her first-born daughter, Abigail or Abby for short. "I haven't seen her for years! I wished I could help you with the babysitting but-"

"But you're nowhere to be found. If you have a problem or need someone to talk to Morgan, Meg and me are always around to hear it out and maybe give you some advice especially me, I've been through it as well so you can rely on me." I see these three sisters as my own big sisters. We've became close since I always helped around the kitchen and they thought me a lot about desserts which they were gods in this area.

"What do you mean?" I rose an eyebrow at what she had meant at the end. She seemed reluctant to answer and her eyes wandered away from mine. "Well, I had asked Violet about your recent absence and she told me that you were a bit down because you haven't found your mate yet and I totally understand because I met mine later than my sisters since Bobby wasn't originally from this area." My blood boiled not the innocent May but Violet for thinking she could just spread something false about me.

"Yeah. I'm planning to take a year off from the warrior work and go travel to find him." It was better than telling her I hated being here since he's here.

Even if I had to agree with what Violet said.

"I understand. If you need any help or just feel down, you can talk to us. Don't forget about that." I nodded and gave her a hug. "I'll see you around." She gave an awkward smile to Ted as I pulled Ted to follow me away from the kitchen after helping May at setting the table since the other sisters were buying groceries and Bobby had to take care of the kids.

"I can't believe they're telling people I'm depressed about something as stupid as that. I have been through a lot worse than minding myself to find a mate especially since the one who got me into this mess was because of him." I rambled while heading towards a room that I enjoyed spending during my training. "Sure they're asking where I was since I have been MIA for days now but I wished they would come out with a better and not so discriminating reasons such as I'm visiting my parents or whatever."

"At least, now you can have your way out of here. They just handed you a free get away ticket without knowing." Ted tried to cheer me up but it wasn't happening. "I bet they just want to get rid of me." Then a sting came momentarily in my abdomen but enough to make me stop and hold my stomach.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ted was already in front of me and had worries swimming in his eyes. His hand touch me softly as if I would break by it and maybe I could. The pain was short but it took my breath away. It felt more intense than the one pain on the roof.

"I need to find Dan." I told him and rushed out to the pack's hospital. I hope it's not what I think it is because if it was, I had just entered a trap that I made myself and was in a serious trouble.

"Elly! Elly!" Ted was trying to catch up with me but my legs were no match for him since I've been trained to chase any enemy with abilities much higher than mine. Also, the dread was what made me run faster.

"Dan!" I caught his smell and quickly went to the room but stopped my tracks at another smell coming from it.

"Elly!"

"Elly!" My eyes were wide and I knew I was right from the scene in front of me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally! An update but what's going on? 

Vote if you like this chapter and tell me what you think is going on.

THANK YOU FOR READING.