Chapter 51 : Regret pt 2

Christopher Walters :

"My son." The room was dark except for the side table lamp next to his bed. He was sleeping alone because it's too dangerous for Violet, who was carrying a child. The room wasn't completely destroyed from his hysterical fit since we had taken the breakable and dangerous stuff out but the walls had scars all over.

It was proof that he had an internal fight with his wolf. It was getting worse but today he was sleeping peacefully. Hunter must have done something to calm him down.

"My sweet boy, I'm sorry." I stroked his hair which had grew longer and disheveled. His facial hair was growing and his shirt was beginning to be too big for him. "I promised you to never let you experienced what I went through. I know the addictive taste of sweetness from having a mate but I also know the bitterness of forcing to end the bond." It took me my feelings being removed to get over her but it doesn't solve the wound when you reject them. The hole does make you feel empty but with you and Jane in my life, it was bearable.

"I failed to protect you." If only, I had told him the truth and maybe things won't ended up this way. "I should have told you that it was impossible for us to be with our mate." I touched his warm and sunken cheeks. "And I shouldn't have pushed you towards Violet if you wanted to be with your mate. I should have told you to fight for her and support you with all my power and might. The truth is, we had never fought to protect our destined half. All we did was run away." I had remembered the things my father had done to me to make me end things with Susan and I knew my grandfather did the same to him. We never really looked at the problem head on and struggled to find a proper solution.

"I failed to stop you when I knew what you were doing behind her back. I knew you were cheating on Elizabeth but I kept quiet because I was stupid and thought with this you'll reject her but you didn't. You tortured her and I'm also to be blamed. I should have told you to choose and scolded you for your idiotic and cowardly behaviour."

"What we did was wrong, son." I took his hand.

"We made our beds, so now we must lie on them."

||THANK YOU FOR READING||