Chapter 45 : The Truth pt 3

Mason:

"Something is bothering me when I had used my magic on Kyle." We had arrived at Hunter's house and both of us had stayed silent since. What Alpha Chris had told us had me put everything in place and the puzzle is half complete. We're sure it's a curse now and it's targeting the Alpha's family excluding Hunter's, somehow. However, we don't know who cast it and how to stop it.

"The curse magic felt familiar." He stared at his hands. "It felt like it was part of me. Like a warm touched from someone I haven't met a long time ago. It was sad." He explained.

"What does that mean?" I wasn't sure what he was getting at.

"I think finding the culprit wouldn't be as hard as we think it is."

"You're back!" Roxy emerged with Griffon, who was eating an ice cream, while she had grocery bags in her hands. "-and right in time for lunch." 

"I don't think I should intrude any much longer. You had fed me dinner twice and breakfast. Anymore than this, feels like you're seeing me like a friend." I stood up from my seat. "Aren't we?" Hunter took the bags from her.

"I don't know. I just assumed, our relationship to be an acquaintances until we solve the mystery." He smiled and pushed me down to my seat again. "Then, we'll get closer with lunch." He said and that was it, I was staying for lunch.

"How did it go?" We were helping Roxy cooked her special meatballs, which was huge, and mashed potatoes. "We might have found a curse lurking in the Walters's family and he's not doing good." Hunter explained in more detail about Kyle's condition.

"Any chance that you can read people's mind?" I asked Roxy which unfortunately, she didn't. "Sorry bud, I can only see dreams." She gave me a sympathetic smile as we rolled the meat into one enormous ball. "If I was human, I don't think I can finished two of these." 

"Then, luckily, you're a werewolf so you can finish them all." We joked and chatted but they don't pry much on my background. "So-" Her eyes suddenly gleamed with mischief as she eyed me. "Is there something going on with you and Nicky?" Her face was on a full-wide grin and I blushed - only a little.

"No. We're uh- friends." I cleared my throat and somehow the kitchen seemed to get hotter, or is that just me. "Aa ha. Friends- but you're eyes clearly don't tell that."

"I think this is enough for four people. Right? Yeah, it's enough." I handed her my portion of raw meatballs and checked on the boiling potatoes. "I think it's done. I'll mashed it. Just instruct me on what to put in." They laughed but agreed on the quantity of the meatballs. It went peaceful after that but I could still see the mischief in her eyes and smile, that she would give me now and then.

Lunch went well without anymore teasing. I just hope Nicky doesn't see how my eyes sparkled or whatever love shit is happening in my eyeballs when I looked at her. "Have fun!" Griffon went out to play at the swimming pool with the other kids after having to wait half an hour after lunch.

"I've heard Alpha Chris has been having trouble remembering things this past few days." Roxy opened the conversation as she sets down a tray of hot coffee and a few plain biscuits. "From who?" She explained that while Alpha Chris was in the office to cover up the work left by Kyle, she had helped one of the cooks at the pack house and they had ran into a little trouble when the Alpha lost an important document. "We had to look everywhere which was useless because it was even printed yet." She sighed exasperatedly.

"The warriors even had to what one whole hour at their recent meetings because he forgot about them. May said that it was a very important meeting because Alpha Chris was supposed to give the new schedules and positions on their duty." It really does seemed like he's getting forgetful. "Is it because of his age?" She asked to both of us.

"Or did you do something?" She turned her attention to Hunter, who was sweating a bit under her watch. "I never did such thing to that old man. I'm just a hopeless man, who gets his hands dirty when told." She realized the harshness of her words and accusation, and quickly gave a hug to her husband. "What kind of dirty things that you had to do for him?" He drank a sip of his cup before answering.

"I messed up a few minds." He aggressively ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm not a saint but I'm not evil like my aunt. I did something I hate and till now, if only I can undo my spells." He told me that he had to erase not only Kyle's memories but also Elly's. "It was a strong memory since the emotion was strong but I've got it done."

"What was it - the memory?" 

"Love." I saw it bothered him since he was holding tightly to Roxy's hand when he said those words. It was extremely a strong emotion and to remove it from their minds, might as well make them go crazy. "I had to erase their memories of professing their love to each other." He repeated like a broken record with a quavering voice and each word to the next grew softer until only his deepest regret flooded the whole house.

"Is that why Elly has a chained around her?" Hunter nodded. "Chained?"

"Like a curse, there will be prove of a spell cast onto a person. When I examine Elly, I found a chain suffocating her."

"It's not supposed to harm her. A simple obliviating spell won't hurt the host but with Elly's past headaches meant that something was fighting the spell." Hunter seemed oblivious of the fact that Elly had experience constant headaches. "How did you know?" I told him, Nicky was my informant and I heard Elly talked about this with Dr Matthew the other day.

"She also mentioned that when the headaches come, her necklace would glow. I did inspected while she was uh - unconscious, it has a protective charm inside it and the magic used was - let's just say whoever did it put a lot of magic."

"So my spell is fighting with the magic from the necklace?" I nodded. "It just wants to remove the spell from her mind and body but you're spells are pretty much locked like a chain, if we can remove that than she'll have one less problem to think about."

"I'll do that even if Alpha Chris tries to stop me. Will she wake up if I lift up my spell?" He innocently asked which wasn't hard to feel pity for him.

"That won't wake her up. She's in unconscious state might be something to do with Kyle." I need to ask her friends what really happened that day. "Cheer up, we're closer to getting the bottom of this." We discussed the things that we had found with Roxy as she wrote it down before I went back. "Hunter-" I stopped myself from reaching the doorknob and spun around to face him.

"You don't need to feel guilty about what's happening to Alpha Chris because I was the one who gave him a potion to make him forget." It was actually Nicky but I made it and I wasn't going to tattletale on her.

"Why?" 

"To save Elly." I took Nicky's line and it might sound a bit off since I wasn't close to her. "-because saving her meant I was saving someone very dear to me." He nodded at my explanation and we bid farewell for now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE PICTURE IS JUST A ROUGH SKETCH ON WHAT ROXY WROTE :P

DO YOU MISS TED, GWEN AND MAYA? IF YOU DO VOTE AND WAIT FOR THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS!!

THANK YOU FOR READING \|^_^|/