31.

Chapter 31
severed ties.

Chapter 31severed ties

PRESENT DAY

While Askeladd was in the middle of speaking with Y/n they were interrupted when the door opened to reveal one of the prince's many servants.

When the lady opened her mouth to speak Askeladd halted her by putting one of his hands up in the air, signaling for her to stop.

"What ever you have to say I'm sure it can wait." Askeladd said, not even turning his chair to face the woman.

"A-Actually, his highness told me that he wanted Y/n to come see him immediately." The lady tripped over her words as she spoke with her head lowered to the ground. Intimidated by Askeladd's presence and even Y/n's knowing the formidable warrior she was despite being a woman.

Askeladd pinched the bridge of his noes as he let out a sigh, it wasn't very hard to tell that he was annoyed to have his conversation with Y/n cut so short.

"Did he say why?" Askeladd grumbled, Y/n starting to feel bad for the poor servant who's eyes pierced the ground. The lady opened her mouth but no words came out, Askeladd finally turning his head to face her.

Sighing once again, he turned back to face Y/n.

"I guess we'll have to continue this conversation another time."

He said while getting up, Y/n extending her hand and was able to grab his arm before he could fully turn his back to her.

"Very soon," Y/n added, Askeladd's head turning slightly so he could see her through his peripherals.

"I promise." He said in response causing Y/n to shake her head as her grip on his arm tightened slightly only for a brief moment.

Her eyes casting down onto the floor as they closed, "I don't believe in those anymore." Her voice was barely above a whisper, but it still met Askeladd's ears. Tugging his arm out of her hold he walked out of the door.

"Don't make the prince wait long Y/n!" Askeladd finished, walking completely out of Y/n's sight.

Y/n's eyes flickered onto the lady standing close to the door with her hands held in front of her. Y/n not wanting to further intimidate her forced up a smile that seemed bring the servant a sense of comfort.

"Did he say why?" Y/n repeated the question Askeladd asked earlier, but without the demanding tone.

The servant scratched the back of her not-itchy neck, awkwardly returning the smile as her cheeks slightly heated up. The servant appeared to actually not be not much older than Y/n, maybe entering her 20's.

"He wanted to check on your wound.. And he said he had to talk to you regarding something else important."

Y/n nodded her head, getting up from the bed she was wobbly on her feet.