23.

Chapter 23
Defeat Thorkell

Y/n was much better now, fully conscious and aware. Adrenaline pumping through her veins as her and Thorfinn charged into the battle head on while riding the horse. As both of their eyes settled on Askeladd's beat up self, his lower half littered with arrows as Thorkell was crouched beside the wounded man-- they felt anger fuel them. 

"Thorfinn!" The man beamed, seemingly happy to from the boys arrival. Standing up straight the giant man welcomed the horse charging towards him with a fist to the body which launched the horse into the air. 

Askeladd was surprised, but he didn't know what was more surprising. Thorfinn and Y/n's sudden appearance, or Thorkell sending a whole fucking horse into the air with one punch. 

'Actually, neither is much of a surprise.' 

One of Thorfinn's arms wrapped around Y/n's waist holding her body close to his side as he landed both of them on their feet. 

With his free hand he lifted it to point at the bearded man who was all smiles.

"There you are Thorfinn! It is good to see you well!" His eyes then landed on Y/n, one of his brows raised at Thorfinn's protective hold on her, "Oh? What's this--"

"Don't you dare touch Askeladd!! He's mine to kill!!! Got that you enormous bastard! Touch him, and you die!" 

His outburst caught both Askeladd and Thorkell off guard, Thorkell raising his brows. 

"Hm? He's yours? I thought he was your boss?" Thorkell asked, confused on him and Askeladd's relation. 

"He's not my boss!"

Even though Thorkell appeared to be a knuckle head he was no fool, the way Thorfinn nonchalantly clung the viking who appeared to be around his age to his side gave everything away for him. 

Thorkell's dogs stopped what they were doing, and began to ease drop on the conversation. They had completely wiped the rest of Askeladd's men easily, so they now their attention was on their captain. 

"Did you hear that? The little one's gonna kill the captain."            

 "Hoho! He's got spunk! Gotta give him credit just for saying!" 

"hmmmm." Thorkell raised one of his axes and pointed it right at Y/n, his lips curling into a smirk wanting to push Thorfinn's button, "what about the boy? You don't mind if I were to--" 

"I dare you to even try laying a finger on Y/n." 

The glare Thorfinn was shooting at Thorkell was deadly, the giant man could tell Thorfinn would do much more than kill him if he were to hurt Y/n. A slow burn, instead of putting his life to end he would torture him. 

That's what Thorkell read from his eyes. 

Y/n was tired of standing around, knowing Thorkell only wanted to rile them up to get a fight-- she was going to give him what he wanted. Feeling bold, Y/n was ready to put everything she had on the line, and having Thorfinn by her side gave her more confidence.

"Thorfinn." Y/n said the boys name only loud enough for him to hear, the boy didn't look to her as his eyes were still glaring daggers into the giant standing between them and Askeladd. Patting his arm she was requesting for him to remove his iron girp.