19.

Chapter 19.
Jealous

"Ragnar!!" 

The man bursted out of his room after hearing the prince call out his name. He was taken aback to see the prince sitting where Y/n had settled in to sleep on the floor. The prince was leaning over Y/n as he pressed his hand to her forehead again. 

The girl was panting in her sleep, beads of sweat rolling down her forehead as her eyebrows furrowed in discomfort. Her fist clenched and unclenched the blanket she was sleeping with as she shook her head slightly on her uncomfortable pillow. 

"What is it your highness?!" 

Canute placed his hand behind Y/n's head then lightly sat her up so her body would be leaning on him. He used his free hand to gently push some of the sweaty hair that clung to her forehead back-- tucking some strands behind her ear. 

"Y/n has come down with a terrible fever, and I think sh- he's having a nightmare." 

Ragnar sighed as he crouched down on the other side, his eyes blinked away from the girl who was in obvious experiencing extreme discomfort, and onto the prince. 

Ragnar was surprised.

The prince stared down at Y/n with so much concern, he handled her as if she was fragile glass. His smile from yesterday was flipped upside down into a deep frown, his eyes never leaving her distressed expression. 

"he was sleeping on this cold ground all night with only this thin blanket, I'm not surprised he's burning with a fever." Ragnar stated the obvious, for the first time Canute's eyes finally left Y/n and met Ragnar's but only because the older man was beginning to pick Y/n up--ultimately pulling her away from Canute's hold. 

"W-What are you doing?" The prince rose to his feet after Ragnar did as he carried Y/n. 

"Come, let's lay him down on my bed."

The prince followed behind Ragnar, when he put her down onto the bed they both heard a low groan sound from Y/n who's eyes slowly peeled open. 

"Y/n you're awake!" 

The girl who was still half asleep spoke gibberish as her eyes adjusted to the light, turning her head slightly she made eye contact with the prince who was sitting on a stool right beside the bed. Her eyes widened when she realized she wasn't sleeping where she fell asleep last night. 

Shooting up so she was sitting upright, Y/n felt a sudden wave of nausea. Slapping a hand over her mouth when she felt she would throw up, Y/n's other hand went over her stomach. 

"Please lay bac--"

....................

Y/n who was still very dazed consciousness waved in and out, the last thing she heard where the yells of Ragnar. The last thing she seen was Canute staring down at the shirt dressed with vomit in pure shock. 

Eyes rolling to the back of her head, Y/n was out. 

"Your highness!" Ragnar didn't know what to do, all he wanted to do was throw Y/n out the window--but he knew Canute would be even more upset. The prince pulled his shirt up over his head and handed it to Ragnar. 

"Toss it, please go get me some cool water and a rag." 

Ragnar nodded and ran out of the room.

The prince let out a long sigh staring at the girl who was covered in her own vomit as well, getting up from the stool he looked underneath his bed and pulled out the kit her and Askeladd put together.