8.

Chapter 8
Welcome to England 

TIMESKIP

ENGLAND 1013 AD

Y/n winced when an arrow pierced her shoulder, pulling it out she raised her shield instinctively to block another stray arrow from poking at her skull. She watched as Thorfinn jumped off the ship heading directly for the man named Thorkell. 

Y/n had a bad feeling about Thorfinn facing the giant head on, lowering her shield she walked to stand beside Askeladd. 

Askeladd raised a brow at the scene in front of him while Y/n visibly cringed at the sight of Thorfinn being swung around like a drag doll. 

"Oh dear..." The man said with crossed arms, "Thorfinn's getting his arse handed to em' guess it was to much for him to take down Thorkell." 

The retreat signal made Y/n look back for a moment, and so she tapped Askeladd's arm to gain his attention. 

"That's the signal to retreat." 

Nodding Askeladd placed a hand on Y/n's shoulder, "That's right, let's get going." He was going to walk away when he noticed the worried look on Y/n's face, her eye glued on the horrid sight of Thorkell holding up Thorfinn's practically limp body by one arm-- Dangling him in the air like a farmer holding a dead chicken by it's broken neck.

She appeared as if she was ready to jump off the ship at any moment to get to Thorfinn's aid despite her losing a lot of blood from her arm already. 

"Don't even think about it kid." Was the last thing Askeladd said to her before joining Bjorn by the dragon head of the longship. 

Her hand squeezed her shoulder as she desperately tried to slow the bleeding, and she sprinted to the back of the longship as it began to move away from the bridge. 

"THORFINNNN!" 

She screamed his name from the top of her lungs, seeing as he still was unresponsive in Thorkell's handle. 

"THORRFINNNN!!!" 

The boys hand twitched the moment Thorkell was started to assume he was dead. Y/n eyes widened in relief when she saw Thorfinn take two of the mans fingers forcing him to release him from his grip. 

"T-Thorfinn---" The last thing Y/n saw was the boy diving head first into the water, her vision blacking out as she lost consciousness due to the loss of so much blood.

When Y/n's eyes peeled back open the first thing she noticed was Thorfinn walking out of the barn, there she laid on a uncomfortable stack of hay. Glancing down at her shoulder she noticed the bandages wrapped around it. 

"MMPHHPHH!" 

Y/n eye's snapped up and towards the muffled screaming and cries of a young woman who was staring right back at her. The top of her shirt had been torn off and shoved into her mouth completely exposing her breast while muffling her cries for help spat in english tongue. 

A sudden adrenaline rush coursed through Y/n's whole body as she jumped up from where she previously laid. 

In the corner of the barn three men over powered the young english woman. All three of their heads snapped in Y/n's direction hearing her spring up. Halting their actions one of the men waved at Y/n.