2.

Chapter 2
A mothers love part 2

The rest of the day went by quickly, the sun already setting

The rest of the day went by quickly, the sun already setting. Thorfinn looking out the window while Y/n continued to play with the dog.

"Don't you understand what's happening mum!? They're vikings!! A pirate!!"

"Children don't just up and decide to be a pirate.. They must have their reasons."

Y/n stopped playing with the dog, glancing outside she saw that the sun had set. Night quickly approaching them.

"Y/n."

Thorfinn and Y/n locked eyes, communicating with each other through brief eye contact. Both of them getting up and retrieving a torch from the fire. While Y/n walked over to the bed to grab her sword, Thorfinn spoke to the two.

"You... you. Run away.." He spoke in broken english, his tone laced with a heavy accent.

The pair ran out the house side by side, on their way to set up the signal.

"John! Edgar!"

Y/n blocked out the calls of the english woman, now running closely behind Thorfinn with her head down.

Y/n closed the lid, sealing herself inside of the barrel. Being a 4 year old girl of small stature, Y/n fit inside without a problem. Hugging her knees to her chest, she tried not to make a sound when she felt a man pick up the barrel.

"Woah this one's heavy. Must be filled to the brim!" A deep voice said from the outside, then Y/n heard a familiar laugh making her eyes widen slightly.

"The more the merrier."

At this point, Y/n knew for certain that her father, Askeladd, was just on the outside of the barrel she was hiding in. She continued to ease drop on their conversation, that was until the man holding the barrel dropped it down.

Y/n pressed her ear against the barrel, hearing the voices and foot steps become more distant. Laying her palms flat against the cover, she first peaked out of the hole only to be met with black. Furrowing her brows, she pushed up slightly only for the lid to be lifted completely.

"Surprise!" She beamed excitedly, Askeladd shaking his head disapprovingly. He placed his hands under her armpits and pulled her up so she was dangling in the air. "Daddy! Daddy!" She reached out to him, Askeladd holding her even farther away from him.

"What are you doing here kid?"

"I'm here to spend time with you! I'm going to be a viking!" She said with a wide toothy grin, "Anddd last time you were here you said you'd tell me about mama! But all you did was teach me stupid english, plus you were about to break your promise by leaving me!!"