68.

Chapter 68
bound  

The sun was low and the sound of the lively home was replaced with snores, Thorfinn not being the only one knocked out as everyone too found themselves beat down from todays heap of events. 

Under the same fur blanket laid Y/n and the blonde man who was flat on his back. It seemed Y/n's assumption earlier had came true, Ylva had truly put Thorfinn to sleep for the rest of the day and he ended up needing to be carried into bed. 

By his side was Y/n who had her arm draped over his large frame. Her hair sprawled out messily on his chest where her head laid, ear pressed to his heart. One of her legs were tangled with his own awkwardly as she slept somewhat atop of him. 

The only light in the room being the small fire that burned to keep everyone warm through the night.  

"...urgh..." Brown eyes slowly peeling open, Thorfinn's blurred vision adjusted to the dark as he stared up in puzzlement at the ceiling. Raising his chest as he breathed in to release a sigh, his brows instantly furrowed feeling the additional weight on him. 

As his chin tilted downwards to inspect what was weighing him down, h/c tresses tickled his jawline. Through the fires illumination he was able to make out Y/n's sharp features, his furrowed brows relaxing at the familiar face. 

Looking around the room, Thorfinn seen everyone else was just as deep asleep as Y/n was---which made him think to himself. 

'What the hell happened?' 

He could've swore just a second ago him and Ylva were about to hug---

'Oh.'

His brown eyes found his sisters sleeping figure that was almost completely buried by her children who clung to their mother in their slumber. 

Sharply exhaling through his nose he closed his eyes to fall back asleep, returning Y/n's embrace he wrapped his arms around her frame. He placed his large calloused hand on top of her head, gently running his hands through her now tangled hair. 

"...mmh" 

Thorfinn felt Y/n's once still body begin to stir, already waking from his delicate movements. His heart brimming with adoration feeling her head nuzzle into his chest as she adjusted herself. A part of him didn't want this moment to end, he'd dream about this for years and he'd never be able to get used to it. 

Y/n giving up her warmth to comfort him as she clung to him for rest, allowing herself to be completely vulnerable. Him reciprocating her actions, opening himself up to her entirely. 

The way they held on to each other affirming their yearning for one another. 

"Thorfinn..." Y/n murmured in complete lethargy, clearly even more than half asleep. 

"Hm?" He hummed in response, his fingers that played in her hair coming to a halt. Expecting her to say more, he was slightly surprised when he was met with silence. Had she spoken aloud while dreaming? "Y/n?" 

She raised her head ever so slightly, Thorfinn's hand sliding down from her head to her upper back. He was a bit surprised to feel her wiggle herself higher up his body to near her face closer to his. 

Using his other hand he moved Y/n's hair from her face so he could see her compelling features more clearly; the shape of her slightly puffy lips tempting him--teasing him even. 

"Go back to sleep..." She mumbled, her words certainly wouldn't have been comprehensible if it weren't for how close their bodies were. 

"I can't." Thorfinn was quick to respond honestly, keeping his voice low to avoid waking anyone else.