18.

Chapter 18.
Bonding time 

Y/n was starting to feel a lot better as the day went on, but then-- it happened

"Oh fuck me." She groaned in frustration, standing alone in the bedroom with the door closed. Y/n was in the nude, the only thing on her body being the firm bandages wrapped around her chest. Dumping her pants in the soap water once again she tried her best to scrub the stain out of her crotch and buttocks area. She had already cleaned her body as well as replaced her bandages, so now she returned to the heavy duty of saving her pants. 

"To make it worse... The fucking prince had to be the one to--" 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK 

Y/n stopped her aggressive rubbing as her head snapped in the direction of the door. 

"Y-Y/n are you okay in there... I got the stuff from Askeladd.." 

Relief washed over Y/n hearing it was just the prince who was able to get the stuff from her father. Rushing to the door she hid behind it as she cracked it open slightly before sticking her hand out. Grabbing the stuff from the prince she then hurriedly shut the door. 

"Thank you your highness!" 

In here hands was the special package Askeladd and Y/n had to come up with after she got her period for the first time. Lucky for Y/n, she only bled for 3 to 4 days max so the special package didn't require as much as it would if she bled for up to a week. Putting down the package on one of the beds she rubbed her hands together.

What the two had came up with was nothing special, but it came in real good handy. The special package came inside of a thick warm blanket that was folded neatly. Unfolding the blanket, inside there were 5 extra changes of clothes, her special underwears, rags, soaps, and of course since it was winter, 2 cloaks. 

Once Y/n was done changing, she folded everything up back neatly in the blanket. Putting the bloodied rag as well as pants into the bucket, she opened the door to exit the bedroom. 

At the table sat Canute who watched Y/n as she disposed of the pants, rag, and dirty water. 

"Oh man.." Y/n sighed as she redid her ponytail before turning to look at the prince who noticeably tensed up. With her hair tied back, Y/n's natural beauty was undeniable-- especially now that Canute knew she was a female. Also because she wasn't wearing extra gear that she would wear when she went out into battle, in casual clothes she seemed to just be a super underdeveloped girl. 

Canute gulped when she pulled out a chair across from him and sat down without breaking eye contact. 

Clearing her throat she put both palms flat out on the table.

"Your highness, please don't tell anyone. Not even Ragnar. I'm begging you." She had a feeling the prince wasn't going to tell Ragnar in the first place, but she just wanted to make it extremely clear. 

"Does Thorfinn know..?" Canute asked his tone dripping with curiosity, His eyes kept bouncing on every object in the room as he tried not to make eye contact with Y/n. 

"No." Y/n answered without hesitation, well, at least she thought Thorfinn didn't know. "The only person here who knows is Askeladd." She clarified, Canute nodding his head slowly.

'I knew my suspicions were right.. And if not even Thorfinn knows..'  

The prince had so much question, but he knew just by the look in Y/n's eyes she wouldn't be answering any deep questions.