34.

Chapter 34.
Conflict at the Port

TOWN OF JORVIK 

"HE'S BEEN SHOT! THE PRINCE HAS BEEN SHOT!!" 

Askeladd yelled at the top of his lungs from the ship as an arrow pierced the prince's chest. He ordered for shields to be raised, and for the murderer to be captured. The townspeople on land watched in shock, gasping and whispering amongst one another. 

In the huge crowd of people three people could be found. 

A cloaked man with his hood pulled over his head, in his cloak he held the murder weapon; a crossbow. 

A girl with freshly cut h/c hair that just touched her ears. Her eyes trained on the assassin as she followed him. 

And a boy, who held his most prized possession; that being his fathers dagger, while his other arm was in a sling. 

'that was a breeze.. Now i've got to get rid of this weapon..' 

The cloaked man thought to himself, holding in his laugh at the clueless villagers who's heads were on a swivel to find the one at fault. Adjusting his hood, he picked up his speed in walking as he separated from the crowd. He believed he could go undetected, only to be met with a kind surprise. 

Y/n stood behind him, while Thorfinn scowled at him from the front. 

He made the right decision of pulling out his own dagger, but made the mistake of underestimating the two. Knowing that they were no older than 17, he thought a pair of kids couldn't beat him. 

He smirked as he waited for one of them to attack first. 

'This will be less troublesome than having to kill the prince.. haha..' 

Hearing footsteps from behind he was ready to dodge Y/n's swing, but what surprised him as he made eye contact with the girl was she never drew her weapon. 

'Fuck she's fast!' 

He didn't have enough time to dodge her fist that came into contact with his jaw. Panicking, he swung his dagger with the intent to kill, only for her to grab his wrist in a bone crushing hold. 

"A-Ackk--!" His fingers automatically released the weapon, dropping it soundlessly on the snow. Y/n then drew her sword with her dominant hand, slashing him in the chest before kicking him backwards. 

The man fell down onto the wooden port, catching the attention of an old traveller who stood by his ship. 

The old man felt his heart jump at the surprise of a bloodied man falling right next to him. The assassin raised his hand to the balding man, eyes wide with nothing but fear in them. 

"Aaah! H-Help me!" He begged. 

"Oh my--Are you alright?!" The traveller was surprised to see how much the man was bleeding. 

The hit man could see his life flashing before his eyes, the only emotions he could feel now was fear and regret. Before he could utter the next words he knew may have been his last, Thorfinn jumped down behind him. 

His dagger, Impaling the back of his neck; killing him instantly. 

Jumping down behind Thorfinn was Y/n, bending over she grabbed the back of the man's cloak before standing straight up once again. Using the man's cloak she wiped the blood clean off of her sword before sheathing it.