48.

Chapter 48
Process 

KETIL'S FARM
SEPTEMBER 1015

"RISE THORFINN!" 

The sudden yell ripped Thorfinn from his pleasant dream, his calm expression he wore as he slept immediately replaced with a scowl. His eyes immediately locking on the man responsible for interrupting his time with Y/n. 

Above the stack of hay he laid on stood Einar, strands of his reddish-brown hair hanging off of his forehead as he was bent over slightly. Thorfinn's brown eyes glared directly into the culprits identical orbs, reaching out a hand he shoved the man away. 

Turning over he attempted to fall back asleep, hoping his consciousness would find itself back in Vinland with Y/n. A sound of annoyance pushing past his lips when Einar shook him by his shoulder instead. 

"What's up with you today? Usually you're the one waking me up!?" Einar didn't bother keeping his voice down, genuine concern lacing his voice. "Now we've lost an hour of good work since you decided to depend on me to wake us up!" 

Einar's words finally pulled a reaction out of Thorfinn, the man finally jumping up out of his makeshift bed. 

"An hour??" Thorfinn repeated the mans words, his voice rough having just woken up. Pulling a hair tie out of his pocket he collected his hair at the back of his hair before tying the ribbon to secure it. Some strands of blond hair escaping the pony tail which he hastily tucked behind his ear as he stormed out of the barn where they slept, his partner following closely behind him. 

"You slept like a rock last night!!" He exclaimed, even now with Thorfinn fully awake and no reason to yell he still neglected to lower his voice. "Literally the only reason I woke up this morning was because you were chanting someone's name in your sleep like a damn spell." 

As they began walking along the trail to get to their designated work spot to start off the day Einar placed a finger to his chin deep in thought. 

"What was it..?" He asked himself, finally lowered his tone as he spoke his thoughts no louder than a mumble. "Yyyy--??" He dragged on the first syllable of the girls name before completely butchering the rest. "Yyyy--awooga~" Einar's train of thought was abandoned as a wagon passed them by, in the back sat the beautiful woman he hasn't been able to stop thinking of since his first day on the farm. 

Words suddenly getting stuck in his throat, he stared at her dreamily like a lovestruck teenage boy. The beautiful blonde woman who he wished to only get closer to, Arnheid, waving at him making his eyes turn to hearts at he waved back. 

Thorfinn staring blankly at the brief encounter between the two, watching how Einar's eyes were glued to the wagon as the woman's figure became smaller and smaller the further she got. 

Although he could care less about how Einar's relationship with Arnheid progressed, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy in his chest. Why? Well he missed being able to simply be in Y/n's presence; the same way Einar wanted to do nothing but be around Arnheid 24/7.

"Y/n." Thorfinn spoke to himself with a hush tone, he couldn't even remember the last time he'd said her voice out loud. Clearly, he had been saying it absentmindedly in his sleep.

"Aha--Yes--!" Einar's gaze shifted back onto the shorter male walking the trail with him. "Y/n, that was the name..Who is that by the way??" 

Surely, Thorfinn and Einar had grown much closer from the day they were first introduced to each other. The time that past was unquestionably eventful; from the son of Ketil, Olamr's sad attempt at becoming a man by killing Thorfinn and Einar, to Thorfinn's first encounter with the mysterious man Snake who he believed to be just as strong as Askeladd, to even Thorfinn telling Einar he was a warrior.