10.

Chapter 10
Special bond.

The entire night the voice inside of Y/n's head wouldn't give her a break. Tossing and turning, Y/n couldn't fall asleep.

"I wonder where Thorfinn is..."

Getting up, Y/n decided to go for a walk.

It was especially windy tonight, luckily, after walking around for a while Y/n saw Thorfinn walking off in the distance.

"Thorfinn!"

The boy continued to walk up the hill not hearing Y/n's voice calling him.

"Thoorrfinn!!!"

Halting in his steps he turned on his heel to see Y/n running to catch up to him, despite the pain emotional pain she was in, as well as her headache, she forced up a smile. Crossing her arms and raising her shoulders slightly when they were side by side, she leaned into him.

"Mind sharing that blanket?"

Clicking his tongue before rolling his eyes, Thorfinn opened up his blanket and let Y/n grab the end of it. Pulling with her left hand, it covered just over half of her body while Thorfinn held the blanket by his right hand. Their bodies of course now close together as they walked.

Looking down Thorfinn noticed how Y/n's eyes were half lidded.

"Are you tired? Why didn't you get rest?"

"I have a really bad headache... Why are you out here?"

"....I wanted to be alone."

His response made Y/n turn her head to look up at him for a second before returning her gaze to the grass.

"Should I head back?"

Their was a pregnant silence between the two, a loud yawn emitting from Y/n. Rubbing her tired eyes, she noticed Thorfinn had stopped walking. Finally she realized they reached the top of the hill.

"No."

Y/n blinked slowly, her eyelids becoming heavy.

"Good. My headache calmed down ever since I joined you.."

Thorfinn caught Y/n when she fell sideways onto him as she drifted off into sleep. Sighing in slight annoyance, after covering her completely with the blanket he scooped her up bridal style. Holding the surprisingly light girl close to his chest, Thorfinn's scowl softened up as he stared at Y/n's sleeping face.

Noticing how Y/n's lips turned up slowly into a small smile as she snuggled her head into Thorfinn's chest as if searching for warmth, Thorfinn was taken aback by the action. For a second he forgot about the circumstances they were in.

Letting his guard down, Thorfinn mirrored Y/n's small smile.

"Grown a soft spot?"

Thorfinn's smile vanished as soon as it appeared, sending a chilling glare in Askeladd's direction. There Askeladd sat on a broken pillar with a smirk, playing with a coin in one hand.