25.

Chapter 25.
Shedding the disguise 

Danish Occupation base,
Gainsborough

Sitting on the bed in the small home, Thorfinn sat on the desk by the window as he cleaned his dagger. Bringing her injured foot up onto the bed Y/n began unravelling her bloodied cloak. Rolling up her pants to get a good look at the wound the young girl cursed underneath her breath. 

"Fuck." 

She cringed at the sight of yellow pus and the foul smell originating from the gash. With the type of injury she had acquired, it should have been looked after right away-- but that ended up being put on hold for several days as they marched to Gainsborough. 

Thorfinn's attention was pulled away from his dagger hearing more curses sound from the girl. His head turning to the girl he also cringed, he didn't imagine it would look that bad. 

"Where the fuck are those servants Askeladd said the prince called for." Y/n whined, this wasn't the first time she was dealing with an infected wound. But this was the first time she'd left an infected wound unattended for so long. 

Speaking of the devil, the door opened to reveal two servants who had their hands full of different things. Closing the door, was actually Canute himself who followed behind the servants. 

"About time." Y/n groaned, Canute's eyes widened as he speed walked over to Y/n's bedside. His blue orbs scanned over the wound, one of his hands motioning for one of the servants to bring him a chair. 

Once seated, the prince first tied his hair back before letting also removing his cloak. Y/n raised a brow wondering what Canute was reading himself to do-- watching him roll up his sleeves. 

"Everyone out." He demanded, of course both of the servants kept their heads down as they quickly made their way out the door. Thorfinn still sat on the desk, not thinking everyone included him. "Thorfinn." 

Clicking his tongue in irritation, Thorfinn glared holes into the princes back as he walked out of the door. 

It was now that Y/n took what Canute was planning on doing, she felt guilt washing over her.

"Your highness, I can help myself. Please do not waste your time dressing my wounds." The girl said while shaking her head in disapproval, she was undeserving of his kindness. 

"We're alone Y/n, I'd much rather you address me by my name." Canute disregarded everything the girl said, bending over he grabbed a rag and dumped it into the bucket of water before squeezing it out so it was damp. 

"Canute I can--" 

"Take off your shirt." The prince ordered, holding the damp rag as he sat back up straight to lock eyes with Y/n. Y/n's face immediately exploding into fifty shades of red opening her mouth to speak no words came out, "Why are you staring at me like that? Take off your shirt so I can clean your cuts." 

Looking down at her shirt she noticed the tears in it that were the result of the beating she took from the branches. 

"Oh." Pulling her shirt over her head, Y/n shyly turned her head away when the prince leaned in to run the rag over her cuts that were already almost closed. 'Bold Canute is going to take a while for me to get used to.'