43.

Chapter 43
An act 

A FEW MONTHS LATER 

Y/n moaned in pain as she pushed her body past it's limits, biting down on her lip so hard it drew blood. 

"29..Argh--30--" 

Currently, on one arm with her legs in the air Y/n was doing handstand pushups. She felt like she was about to collapse, her core burning just as bad as her arm which shook uncontrollably. Y/n let out a shaky exhale before sucking in a deep breath as she went down again. 

Getting out her last five, Y/n got back onto her feet then immediately fell back onto her bottom.

"Y/n?" Hearing a knock on her door the door opened to reveal Canute. He was walking through the halls when he heard the sounds emitting from her room. "Are you okay??" Canute was met with the sight on Y/n sitting on the ground with her head thrown back slightly, her palm on the ground behind her as she held herself up .

His cheeks heated up slightly, she wasn't wearing much clothing. Her top completely bare other than the bandages wrapped around her to cover her chest and arm, while on her waist were baggy pants that appeared to be cut at the mid-thigh. 

Her entire body was glistening with sweat, her eyes closed as she focused on catching her breath. Her attire exposed her battle scars and muscles she'd earned through hard work, and Canute's jaw dropped slightly. 

"Canute?" Y/n opened her eyes, fixing her posture she ran her fingers through her short hair. "I'm fine, just working out." She extended her arm out, as if requesting for Canute to help her up. Grabbing her hand, he helped her jump up to her feet. Now that they were standing eye to eye, Canute couldn't help but notice how her shorts hung low exposing her v-line, causing his cheeks to heat up slightly as his mind dropped into the gutter. 

"You should be resting." Canute said, dropping his hand back to his side his breath getting caught in his throat as Y/n narrowed her eyes at him. "Is their something on my face?" He asked, trying to keep calm as she reached out to him. 

Her finger tracing over the scar on his cheek, a small frown on her face. "I realized I never asked you how this cut happened.. It's scarring." Y/n commented on the scar on Canute's cheek, Canute's eyes noticeably softened. 

"Thorfinn," Was all he said, Y/n hummed understandingly. Ever since the day she awoken, she didn't bother asking anymore questions about Thorfinn, and people soon learned to not bring him up in conversation with her at all. 

The pained expression on her face told him all he needed to know about how she still felt regarding Thorfinn. 

Y/n sighed, "You know what Canute? It actually makes you look a bit more masculine." she tilted her head slightly, changing the topic. "Less gentle?" the girl struggled to find the right words as she looked at the prince. 

"It makes me look ugly?" Canute asked in a teasing manner, chuckling when Y/n quickly shook her head. 

"No! You're still very handsome!" She gabbled, not thinking before speaking. Her words made Canute feel very flustered, the girl who he felt strongly for thought he was handsome? Surely that meant something right?

He hoped it did. 

He also hoped his blush wasn't noticeable.