29.

Chapter 29
Over

Waking up, Alone

Waking up, Alone.

Y/n's heart ached as she assumed the worst when Thorfinn wasn't by her side as promised. Sitting up quickly her eyes scanned her surroundings to try and spot the blonde haired boy.

"Thorfinn?"

Getting out of bed Y/n forgot about her injury and collapsed to the ground, she groaned in pain as she pulled herself up once more. Her weak body leaned onto the wall for support, looking out of one of the windows she could see that it was daytime.

A knock on the door was enough to catch Y/n's full attention.

The door then opened the reveal her father Askeladd, and her stomach instantly dropped.

"Dad..? I-Is Thorfinn--" Before she could finish her sentence the older man grabbed her by her arm as he guided her back to sit down on her bed. Pulling out a chair, he sat down on it while sighing and rubbing his temple.

"Have you been experiencing any headaches lately Y/n?" Askeladd's random question caught Y/n off guard, "hearing any voices.. Maybe even seeing things that aren't really there..?" He investigated while holding eye contact with the girl.

Y/n's brows furrowed as she tried to take in everything that was happening as well as what might have happened.

But she decided before drowning Askeladd in a sea of questions, she'd be the one to answer his odd ones first.

Askeladd leaned forward in his seat as both of his elbows were propped up on his legs, hands put together as his fingers laced one another.

"All the time... And I'm sure you already know about Bo." Y/n's eyes flickered away from Askeladd down to the ground at the mention of Bo's name, "I can hear the whispers right now.. They come out of nowhere.. But I've learned how to ignore it, push it to the back of my mind somehow."

"What are you hearing right now?" The mention of Y/n hearing voices inside of her head seemed to catch his interest as one of his brows raised.

'₮ⱧØ₣ł₦₦ ł₴ ĐɆ₳Đ.'

''ł'₴ ₳ⱠⱠ ɎØɄⱤ₳ɄⱠ₮ ⱧɆ ĐłɆĐ'

'ɎØɄ'ⱤɆ ₣ØØ Ø ₮Ⱨł₦₭ ⱧɆ ØVɆĐ ɎØɄ'