66.

-A/n: GUYS I AM A HOT MESS
this is not the last chapter. I was struggling to end it all off in this chapter and there will be another, I don't want for the ending to feel rushed in the slightest.

I'm sorry for taking like 25 years to publish this chapter, if you're reading this thank you so much for being patient with me. -

Chapter 66
Stranger

ICELAND 
DECEMBER 1018

"Oh my god it's fucking freezing." Y/n's teeth clattered, exposing her unfamiliarity with such cold weather. Thorfinn chuckled as he draped the warm cloak over her body, doing up the button for her. "I feel like my boobs are gonna fall off."

"I hope that doesn't happen," Thorfinn played with Y/n's hair, tucking the messy strands behind her ear as if he was trying to make her look more presentable. "I'll still have something else to lay my head on though even if they do end up falling off."

"Wow." Y/n gaped at the man standing before her who was now adjusting the cloak he put on her. "That is totally something the 18 year-old you would say, didn't know he was still in there." She added with a raised brow.

There was a confident smile on Thorfinn's face, and when he opened his mouth Y/n was preparing herself for his next suggestive comment--

"Everyone! I see a village!" Thorfinn #2 announced loudly, calling everyones attention.

The confident look on Thorfinn's faced vanished just as fast as his head turned to the land that drew nearer. Y/n's brows furrowed at the look of uncertainty leaking from his eyes.

"Are you nervous??" She didn't mean to put him on the spot, but sometimes she spoke her thoughts aloud by accident. Thorfinn gulped, not even attempting to mask his fears.

Leif began to laugh, finding amusement in Thorfinn's timidness.

"I don't even know how many years it's been. What kind of face do I greet mother and Ylva with??" With reality sinking in the closer and closer they were to shore, the nerves tucked away in the back of his mind jumped out of the corner they were hiding in; taking over his thoughts. "I'm getting scared now..."

"Just grin and bear it!" Was the wise old mans wise advice, and Y/n couldn't help but find herself laughing alongside Leif.

"You'll be fine." Y/n tapped Thorfinn's back reassuringly, honestly not having a clue as to what to say to him.

She then noticed how Thorfinn's friend, Einar, was simply in awe by his surroundings. Taking in the sights of the snowy mountains, the blocks of ice floating in the water showcasing how cold the air was.

"What's on your mind Einar?" She questioned, the red head crossing his arms over his chest to preserve his warmth.

"This place is treacherous, a farmhands worst nightmare." His straight forwardness made Y/n chuckle, "So, this is the land without fields? Surely outdoes its reputation." He continued to look around taking in the sights, contrast to his earlier statements Y/n could tell he appreciated the beauty and uniqueness of Iceland.

Soon enough the boat arrived at the docks, a group of men were present there who appeared to be going out fishing but stopped what they were doing to greet Leif.

"Ah, Mister Leif you've finally returned!" One of the men standing in the group spoke out, "and you've brought...Guests?" He narrowed his eyes at the three faces that were unfamiliar to him.