27.

Chapter 27
Queen

Y/n sighed, finishing her milk in one go

Y/n sighed, finishing her milk in one go. Sitting on a chair that was beside the prince, Askeladd on his other side-- all three of them sat on chairs that were positioned on a slightly higher platform as they watched vikings celebrate.

As the girl watched a man strip butt naked and jump onto a table she could only roll her eyes. Propping her elbow on the arm rest of her chair she let her chin fall to the palm of her opened hand.

When men had approached her to ask if she was interested in talking she would only blow them off with a casual no thank you.

Of course, Thorkell wasn't surprised at all that Y/n was a girl. After all during their encounter the way Thorfinn was holding her gave everything away to him. But not surprisingly his men were a bit spooked to find out Y/n wasn't a little viking boy.

Taking a sip from his own drink, Canute side glanced at Y/n's profile. Tonight whenever he would try to bring up a conversation with her he noticed how uninterested she seemed. He could tell that she wasn't holding any grudges against him, but that something was just bothering her conscious mind.

"Y/n is something bothering you?" The prince turned his body slightly so it was facing Y/n, he asked the rhetorical question because he was curious to see if she'd confide in him.

"I am tired your highness, today was a long day.." She said looking down in her empty cup, a part of her was ready to slump in the comfortable chair and just knock out from sheer exhaustion but the voices buzzing in her head kept her awake.

And there was the fact that she couldn't stop thinking about Thorfinn.

"Ah, today was an eventful day hm?" Canute spoke with a handsome smile, Y/n still not batting her eyes in his direction--her attention seemingly drawn into her empty cup. Taking another sip from his own Canute crossed one leg over the other. "Would you like to head to bed now? I can walk you back to where you will be staying. It is getting late.."

Y/n's lip parted as she yawned, finally turning her head to face the prince she forced a small smile.

"Today was certainly something else..." Y/n eyes darted away from the prince and down to the ground. "But I think I'll stay back a bit longer, it's refreshing to see everyone in good spirits for once." She added as her e/c orbs lifted to face the many people who filled the room, drinking to their hearts content and laughing with one another.

Canute didn't tear his eyes away from Y/n, her beauty captivating him.

Sure, every man in the room could argue that they've seen a handful of both older and younger woman who were more alluring than Y/n-- but Canute whole heartedly believed that even if he were to walk the earth he wouldn't find another as attractive as Y/n.