7.

Chapter 7.
The truth will set you free

"If you tell her the truth it'll destroy her

"If you tell her the truth it'll destroy her. You can never tell her."

Thorfinn thought it was wrong.

A couple of weeks had past since Askeladd told him the truth and Thorfinn still couldn't believe it. A part of him didn't want to believe it. Looking over his shoulder he saw Y/n sharpening her sword. The two sat on the dock, Thorfinn had his feet hanging over the water while Y/n sat not to far behind him with her legs crossed. She sat facing the sunrise with her legs crossed, as she exhaled a small puff of air was visible due to the freezing temperature.

She wore a small fur blanket draped over her shoulders to give her some warmth over her casual baggy attire. Her hair was growing at a surprisingly long rate, her hair now hovering over her shoulders.

Humming a soft tune with a small smile on her face, Y/n could feel Thorfinn's eyes on her. Her humming came to an abrupt stop, and she paused sharpening her blade for a moment. She moved her eyes to make contact with the boy while sitting with a relaxed posture.

She felt like the air was becoming thicker, this tension between the two was unusual. Thorfinn had been avoiding Y/n ever since his conversation with Askeladd. Yet this morning as he was sitting on the dock staring at his reflection deep in thought Y/n had came and sat down as well.

Instead of getting up and leaving however, he stayed.

No matter how hard it was for him to look at her the same, he was starting to miss her company.

Y/n just couldn't decipher why Thorfinn had been acting so strange, although she was used to his cold stare this one was different. Thorfinn and Y/n continued to stare at each other in silence, not one of them daring to break the silence.

Sighing, Y/n shook her head making Thorfinn raise a brow in confusion. Getting up Y/n walked over to Thorfinn and sat down beside him with her body turned towards him. Crossing her legs she propped up her elbow on her thigh and rested her chin on her palm. Her other hand gripping onto her knee.

Furrowing her brows Y/n began to lean over, her face inching towards Thorfinn as she analyzed his expression. What surprised her was when their faces were a mere centimetres apart Thorfinn planted one of his hands behind him and leaned back while turning his face away.

"I knew it."

The small laughter that erupted from Y/n caught Thorfinn off guard, he slowly turned his face back to face her to see that she had pulled away. Y/n muffled her laughter with her hand, when her laughter came to an end she removed her hand from her mouth to point an accusing finger at Thorfinn.