The Truth Hurts Ch 51

Buck and eddie in the rooftop stargazing.

"Should we head back it's getting late?" Eddie ask.

"Sure I think mom and dad are gone anyway" buck replied.

They stand up and head the to door.

"Look I'm sorry I didn't come to the dinner sooner" Eddie apologize.

"It's fine, plus stop apologizing too much, you said your sorry and that's enough" he replied as they head downstairs.

buck and eddie arrived at the front door. Buck is hesitating if he should just go or not.

"Come on. we need to face our problems buck not run away from them okay Don't do what I did" Eddie replied.

"What a pain in the ass you are. you will never get rid of me that easily" Simon said.

"Buck it's happening again.... um... can you... hold.... my hand" Eddie ask a bit embarrassed about it and not even giving any eye contact.

"No need to be embarrassed, eddie I'm your husband, well future husband anyway so it's okay" Buck replied as he hold his hand.

Once buck's hand holds eddie's. He felt happier and voice seem to stop.

"Come on now let me help" Eddie replied and opened the door.

"Buck!" Maddie said.

"Hey I'm in the kitchen with josh and chim if you need me" Eddie said and buck nodded.

"Hey maddie, oliver. I'm sorry for leaving. I just needed to release the tension. he replied.

"It's fine buck. You shouldn't have to carry the weight of their mistakes, you deserve better than that" Maddie replied.

"Well--" he replied.

"You have never been a disappointment, big brother. Never" Oliver said.

"Thanks guys" Buck replied.

"Come on buck let's opened maddie's baby box and check all of her baby photos" Oliver said as he opened the box.

"Really oliver, we are having a moment and you ruined it" Maddie said.

"Alright let's see it" He replied as he sits down on the couch.

"This is a surprise who knew mom and dad could be so sentimental" Buck said.

"Yeah well they were different back them, happier" she replied.

Oliver took a photo and saw a kid on a bicycle, he can't seem to identify who the boy is.

"Is this you, buck?" Oliver ask as he hand over the photo to buck.

"That's not supposed to be there" Maddie said and tried to take it.

"Wow a picture of buck and it's on maddie's box but what about me?" Oliver said.

He examine the photo. "No this doesn't look our house, when was this taken?.... 1988"Buck said.

"That can't be right you weren't born yet" Oliver said.

Maddie froze as she sees the picture.

"Maddie who is this?" Buck ask.

"That's.... Daniel......he died..... he was our brother" Maddie replied.

"Wait what?" Oliver ask.

"Brother?" Buck said.

"Yes evan, oliver we had another brother" Maddie said.

Oliver and Buck are silent as they process what they just heard.

"How... did he died?" Buck ask.

"Juvenile Leukemia, He got sick right after that photo were taken" Maddie said.

"Three years in hospital, doctors any treatment they can find but nothing work" She said.

"So we were born in the middle of all that" Oliver said.

"I'm surprise that they didn't try a bone marrow transplant" Buck said.

"Mom, dad and I tried but we all weren't a match" Maddie added.

"So they made one" Buck said.

"you weren't a match so----" Maddie said.

"So they made another one" Buck said and looks at oliver.

"Yes.. and oliver were a match but the cells didn't graft and daniel had a relapse " Maddie said.

"So that's why they hate me and buck so much" Oliver yelled.

"They don't hate you two--" Maddie said.

"No! for once maddie stop trying to make things better" Oliver said.

"All my life you hide this from us" Buck said.

"I wanted to tell you for so long but the more time I waited It just became harder Maddie said tears started pouring.

Buck and oliver Head out again eddie and josh followed them.

-----

Few days went by buck and oliver ignored maddie. Oliver been overworking himself on his job taking extra shift anything he can do the to block all the pain he's been feeling, hiding the fact that he was just a cure, a tool to fix someone.

Buck on the other hand was down. Knowing his entire life that he was a disappointment and now the added fact that he was created to do something good but even that he failed that.

Josh and Eddie supported their partner because they know that something like that isn't neither easy to forget nor to move on.

Eddie keep a eye on buck as much as possible checking his arms when he visit to check if he isn't self harming again and good thing he isn't.

Josh look out for oliver because he sometimes he overwork himself so much that he sometimes pass out from lack of food, sleep or water.

It took them a week to fully grasp what they just learn with the help of therapy and their partner, they were able to heal the cracks.

Buck, oliver and Maddie talked it out and fix what needed to be fix. She even promise that she will tell them who is daniel buckley really.

That day as well is the day they got an invitation to tk and Carlo's wedding. Owen strand invited the 118 to come to his son's wedding which they happily agreed.

Things are getting good but eddie still hasn't fully heal his crack. Buck started sleeping in eddie's house to stay by his side when ever he needed him.

Just like he was when buck was down about everything.

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. School work is just too much to handle actually until now it's still hard but I'm so tired and wanted to write something and you might be wondering why I didn't created the healing part about buck and oliver it's because it will just take long sorry I'm tired and also the chapter after this is already finish I just needed to publish this so I hope you understand 😑🙃