A New Temporary Captain Ch 9

*a day after the accident*

The team visited the captain in the hospital.

"hey, cap looking good" chim joked as they walk to the room.

"so good to see you cap," Eddie said and buck walks toward bobby and hugs him.

"easy Buck" Bobby said as he hugs back.

"sorry, bobby. I was just worried" buck said as he moves away.

"So you might be wondering why I call you here," Bobby said and the team was kinda scared of what their captain will say.

"Because of the accident I can't work for about 1 or 2 weeks," Bobby said as he looks at chim.

"No no not again cap you know I can't be a captain I'm terrible at it," chim said shaking his head and waving his hand.

"No I know you can't so I talk to the chief and I ask a friend of mine that is also a captain he will be your temporary captain while I'm out," bobby said pointing to the door.

"And you already met him" bobby added and someone opens the door.

"hey 118, I'm captain strand," Owen said as he walks and greats the other.

"Hey, dad you're the temporary captain," TK asks looking at his dad with the firefighter attire.

"Yes since I'm in here in LA why not, and I'm not trying to replace bobby ok nobody can replace your bobby," Owen said looking at bobby.

"Alright I really hope you all behave especially you Buck," bobby said pointing at buck while others smile.

"really cap," buck said and the others laugh.

"Alright, you should get back to the station they need you there."

"Alright, bobby take care," Hen said and everyone waved goodbye at bobby as they leave.

Tk and Eddie had no shift but still in the 118 stations and Carlos also arrived to pick up TK.

"Ready?" Carlos asks as looking at Tk then at Eddie. "How about you Eddie? do you have any plan?"

"No, but you guys go ahead I don't want to ruin your day," Eddie said smiling at the two for the offering.

Then Carla and Christopher arrived at the station.

"Hey dad," Christopher said as he walks to his dad.

"Hey, buddy why are you here don't you have school?" Eddie ask.

"The school was canceled due to what happened yesterday," Carla said she cough pointing at Tk and Carlos.

"oh sorry, this is Tk and Carlos" Eddie introduced them to Carla and Christopher.

"Dad, did you sleep well?" Christopher asks concerned.

"don't worry as long as your here I'm always awake," Eddie said as he hugs his son.

"Well if that the case, hey Christopher want to get some ice cream?" Carlos ask.

"yeah," Christopher was excited.

"really? you're going to pull my kid so you can also drag me" Eddie said looking at the two.

"oh Eddie, you really need a break from stress," TK said patting Eddie at the back.

"Alright how bout you, Carla?" Eddie ask.

"yeah that was the reason I brought him here I have some papers to fix so you guys have fun," Carla said as she waves goodbye.

"Come on let's get Ice cream" Carlos and other walk out of the station.

Eddie and the others are eating ice cream outside the store. Christopher asks Carlos to assist him to the restroom while Eddie and TK are waiting silently until TK broke that.

"so you two are a couple?" Tk asks and Eddie's eyes widen and almost chock on the ice cream.

"Please don't tell anyone about us" Eddie begs.

"why? hen is a lesbian and the team is alright with that what's the difference? Tk asks as they sit down.

"It's complicated" Eddie replied.

"Ok, but if you want to talk you know where to find me," Tk said both smiled knowing that Eddie doesn't exactly open up easily.

"so how did it start?" Tk asks and Eddie looks at tk with a 'what did I just tell you' face.

"yeah sorry," Tk said as he continues eating his ice cream.

*Back at the station*

Buck, Owen, Chim, and Hen are sitting on the couch waiting.

"So captain strand you're also from 126," chim asks.

"yes, I and my son TK move there to rebuild station 126 after the accident," Owen said.

"You and Tk must be really close," Hen said.

"well yeah but it still scares me what that boy could do," Owen said as they sit down.

"why did something happened," chim asks as he gives cap strand a cup of coffee.

"well before we moved to texas I found him unconscious at his apartment."

"Why did someone attack him?" Hen asks.

"no he tried to propose to his other boyfriend and he got rejected so he overdose," Owen said starting to cry.

"Poor TK but don't worry captain. Carlos is a great guy you have nothing to worry about" Hen said and they hug Owen for a while. Buck now knows why he feels something around TK because he is just like him, they both got heartbroken because that person loves someone else and both have an addiction to remove their pains. They stop because the bell ring and they hop on the truck.

After a while, Eddie and Christopher wave goodbye as they decided to head in a different direction.

"bye Tk and Carlos," Christopher said as they hop on the car.

"Bye Christopher be a good kid to your dad" TK yelled as Carlos drives.

"I will" Christopher replied. Eddie drove for a while to spent more time with Christopher.

"I'm really happy that they have each other" Christopher said and Eddie ask

"who? Tk and Carlos?" Eddie ask.

"Yes, dad they have each other. I just wish you will find someone that special dad.... like buck" Christopher said smiling.

Eddie smiled knowing that Christopher is ok with gay relationship but a part of him hurts because he still has not told his son the truth about him and Buck. "yeah hope someday" Eddie said as they drive. Suddenly Eddie's phone rings and Christopher picks it up.

"Hello" Christopher.

"Hey Christopher is your father there?" a woman asks.

"hello grandma, yes dad is here," Christopher said and Eddie is getting scared.

"Hello, Eddie I and your father decided to have Christmas at your place. I will text you the place"

grandma hangs up. "ye hey grandpa and grandma are coming" Christopher cheers as Eddie is frozen still driving. Trying to smile for Christopher's sake.