Christmas Out. Ch 14

*It's Christmas 3 PM*

The 118 are still on duty but Athena, Michael, Karen, Owen, Carla, and Carlos are preparing for a lovely dinner. The children are watching a movie on the TV. Then few a hours Eddie's parents come and help with the cooking and even brought some of their dishes and some presents.

Everyone was busy cooking food while the firefighters are helping people that are inside the burning building. It took them a while to put out the fire and rescue all the people that are trap in the building. Luckily none of the team got badly injured. After that few more calls from all around the city.

* 8 Pm*

The 118 arrived and saw the feast that they made. It was just like last year but with more people. Some new like TK, Carlos, Captain Strand. It was really fun chitchat giving presents, eating a wonderful feast instead of takeouts. They were just casually talking when Bobby decided that everyone should make a speech. They each take their turn from Maddie being proud of being part of the 118, Athena being thankful for finding bobby in her life, etc.
It lasted a while until Eddie and Buck turn they were scared so much that they are shaking.

"So...... I'm really thankful for being a part of the 118, thankful for being a great dad to my son Christopher, who I love so much.... and I can't forget the one person that I thought was just a friend to me that turns out to be more than that" Eddie said and the others were a bit confusing but the firefighter knows.

"I just want to say that I love you, Buck, You mean the world to me and Christopher," Eddie said looking at buck who is walking toward Eddie. Eddie grabs Buck and gave him a soft kiss in front of everyone. Some are shocked but other was just chill.

"Ehem Hen I win!" Tk said as he puts his hand. Hen gave the money to TK.

"Hey, Eddie you should have pick Valentine's day it's way sweeter!!" Hen yelled to Eddie.

"No New years eve is much better!" Athena said.

"I'm so happy for you brother," Maddie said as he hugs him and Eddie.

While this was happening Ramon, Eddie's father was furious. He cannot believe that his son is gay. Buck decided to grab a plate for Eddie when Ramon walks towards him.

"You better get out of my son's life now!" Ramon said looking at Buck with a furious stare.

"Dad what are you doing?" Eddie asks as he grabs his father's hand.

"Don't touch me you faggot" Ramon yelled and Eddie still hold his father.

"Come on Helena let's get out of here," Ramon said as he grabs her.

"Please you have to understand that I love your son," Buck said and Ramon was just boiling when he heard the term 'love.'

He sprints to buck and pushes him, Buck even though was a giant still back from the push because he was unaware. But he back so much that he lost his balance and fall to the ground on the first floor. Eddie tried to save him but he was not fast enough everyone saw this and was shocked by what they just witness. Eddie runs downstairs as fast as he can to see buck lying on the ground unconscious. Eddie was crying as he was shaking buck.

"Buck! Buck!" Eddie screams as he hugs him.

Ramon tried to run away but Athena catches him. "where do you think you're going Sir Diaz?" Athena said as he puts handcuffs on him.

Hen runs downstairs to check Buck. "He needs hospital now!" Hen said.

Chim ready the Ambulance and the firefighter grabs buck and puts him in the van. Eddie was with him the who time.

Before he enters he looks at his father with his hand's cuff.

They arrived at the hospital and the doctors took him to the ER. Eddie was crying he knew his father would never agree with him. He blames himself maybe if he did not tell them then Buck is fine without any injury. Not here in the ER fighting for his life.

Soon after bobby and the whole 118 along with Maddie, Owen, Carlos and Athena arrived at the hospital comforting Eddie.

"I should have never told them the truth," Eddie said.

"No, you should have. he is the one who pushes Buck not you so don't blame yourself Eddie" Bobby replied.

It was a long night. Everyone tried to give Eddie any food but he would not accept it. Some had to say goodbye because of work for tomorrow. It's just bobby, Maddie, and TK with him.

"You know Eddie he was really excited when he asks you out on a date," TK said and Eddie smiled.

"He was excited too when I ask him about you" Maddie added.

"Wait you knew Maddie?" Eddie asks looking at Maddie.

"Yes, I kinda figure it out when he was acting very strange" Maddie replied.

"I also know about you too," Bobby said.

"How we were careful?" Eddie ask.

"Well, You're not careful enough?" Bobby replied.

It was a bit silent until Eddie decided to say something.

"You know I was hoping to give Buck this watch that I bought. When we took Christopher to a cake shop he always looks at this watch. So I decided to give it to him" Eddie said holding the watch.

"It's beautiful Eddie and you're going to give it to buck ok," Maddie said as he hugs him.

After a while, the doctor finally comes out and Eddie asks how's buck?

"So we have some good news he is fine but---" the doctor was a bit scared of what he is about to say.

"BUT WHAT?" Eddie ask.

"It's best if I just show you," The doctors said as he opens the door.

He sees buck covered with bandages on his head.

"Who are you? Where am I?" Buck asks looking around. He is confused and scared as he looks at them.

"His brain suffered a lot due to the impact I'm not sure if he remembers anything I'm sorry," the doctors said as he leaves them alone.

"Buck it's me Maddie your sister," Maddie said with tears in her eyes.

"I have a sister? hi, Maddie" Buck asks.

"Yes and this is you captain bobby and Eddie your--" Maddie was cut off when Eddie buts in.

"Your friend..... your best friend," Eddie said.