Someone Dear to Me || Oikawa Tooru 💖💫

A/n: ( g/n ) = girl's name!

Watching her best friend of 8 years, marry someone else that she envied for years, Y/n's heart cracked. This is it, this is where her first love ends.

She's known Tooru for so many years, they went to highschool together, they were in the same class, they did everything and anything together.

Until that one fateful day, Tooru confessed to Y/n that he liked ( g/n ). ( g/n ) is a wonderful and sweet girl. She's caring, kind and everyone and anyone would fall head over heels for her.

She's someone that Y/n envied for quite sometime and even more now, knowing that her crush likes her. Y/n wished she could be her for a day, to know what it's like to be loved by someone she has loved for someone this long.

As Oikawa read out his vow of love and devotion to ( g/n ), Y/n started tearing up. Not from being touched by how sweet his words are. But from sheer jealousy. Who is she to be upset on such a joyous occasion? The guilt that ran through her veins made her feel more and more frustrated with herself.

As the bride wiped away her soon-to-be husband's tears, Y/n felt a sting pierce through her heart.

As the priest announces the two's union, all Y/n could do was forever hold her peace. What's the point of ending a beautiful marraige just because of what she wants? She can't possibly be that selfish to someone she still loves dearly.

Watching as the two walk down the aisle, both tearing up in joy. Y/n finally let go her love for him of 8 years. She does still love him, he was always be someone dear to her.

But now all she can do is watch and hope for nothing but happiness for him.

Today, she saw the man she loved get married.

The wedding party was extravagant, people left and right were dancing like it was the last night of their lives. Unlike Y/n, sitting at the highstool beside the bar, chugging her worries away.

She watched as Tooru and ( g/n ) danced oh so romantically, it's a beautiful sight. It really is. Oikawa... he's looking handsome as ever.

No. He's married now. She shouldn't think that. Taking anothing swig of her drink, Y/n rested her chin against the palm of her hand as she stared aimlessly in front of her.

Unbeknownst to her, Tooru made his way to Y/n to send her his greetings.

He tapped Y/n's shoulder gently. "Hey, thanks for coming Y/n!" Shit, his voice is as sweet as ever. This is going to be hard.

"Hey Tooru, nice wedding." Really Y/n? That's all you could say? "Nice wedding?" Girl, you are a mess.

"Thanks, took me and ( g/n ) months of planning. Anyways, how have you been? Have a boyfriend yet?" Oikawa wiggled his eyebrows teasingly as he nudged her with his elbow.

"Nope, no one at all. Haven't been lucky with anyone." Y/n sighed nonchalantly as she took another sip of her drink.

"Oh... why's that?" Tooru started to look rather concerned for some reason. He was a little shocked too. Y/n is a sweet girl, who wouldn't fall for an angel like her?

Y/n chuckled to herself lowly, if only he knew. If only he knew that he was the one she was looking at for all these years.

But he can't know now.

"I don't know, maybe I'm weird or something," that was all she could say. Holding back her tears as best as she could, Y/n diverted the subject.

"Shouldn't you hang with your other guest? I'd feel bad if they were left out." Any second now, the waterworks are going to come now.

"Yeah... you're right. Catch up with you soon!" With a quick wave as he turned away, walking towards his beloved as they greeted the others, Y/n could finally let go of what she held in for so long.

He's still such a darling.

As she whimpered to herself on the bar counter, the alcohol taking effect slowly, Y/n took a deep breath and smiled. At least he's happy with someone he loves with all his heart.

That's honestly all she could ask for.

That night when she made her way back home, Y/n wrote a letter. Ya' know, to get everything out of her system.

"Dear Oikawa Tooru,

Remember when we first met in highschool? You had the sweetest smile and the brightest eyes. You have always been someone who worked towards your dreams and never took no for an answer.

Remember when you used to tell me everyday about how much you loved ( g/n )? I wished for many years you would give up on her, how selfish of me right? I'm sorry, this is why I don't deserve you. I wished many times I could be her and that I could be the one you adored for so long.

I want you to know that even though I will never have a chance with you ever again in my life. That's okay. More importantly, you're happy with someone else. You are someone dear to me. No, you'll forever be dear to me. Know that I'll always have your back even when it doesn't seem like it.

This will be the last time I'll ever say this but, I love you. I love everything about you. From your beautiful, fluffy hair to your passionate persona, I'll love you always whole-heartedly. But now it'll be a different type of love!

Goodbye to my one-sided love! I'll finally be free from it, once and for all! I can't wait to tell you when it's my turn to find the one!

Oikawa Tooru, you are an amazing man and you better keep ( g/n ) safe or I'll kill you. Don't break that sweet girl's heart.

Yours truly,

Y/n L/n ♡"

She sealed the letter and placed it in a box, next to her table. Her feelings, wrapped up in that letter, never to be opened by anyone again.

Today, she saw the man she loves get married.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: ahh this one made me feel a little sad but I HOPE THIS MADE YOU HAPPY Bishamonten09 I REALLY TRIED ON THIS FIC HAHA! I WROTE IT MULTIPLE TIMES AND THIS CAME OUT THE BEST SO FAR!

IM SORRY IF IT ISNT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS!!! Do let me know how I could improve it 🥺

Anyways! That's it for me guys! See you in the next chapter!