Choose one of us! || Iwaizumi Hajime x Oikawa Tooru ( pt 1 )☁️💫☘

Her beautiful features, illuminated by the sunlight entering the classroom from the window next to her. Y/n was a beautiful girl and people left and right fawned over her. She was incredibly elegant and kind. She caught the attention of many males in the school, even Iwaizumi Hajime and Oikawa Tooru.

From her soft supple lips and glimmering eyes to her beautiful clear skin, she looked like a delicate porcelain doll but she was tough and hardworking on the inside. That was what caught the Ace's eyes. She was hardworking in club and her studies and she was always helping others out.

That was what Iwaizumi aspired to be, more hardworking and kind-hearted to others. In class, the girl would always help Iwaizumi out by passing her notes to him when he was away for games. She would also stay back just to help him out.

She was always patient with Iwaizumi and she was very understanding as well. Iwaizumi couldn't help but to fall for the girl. She never failed to make his heart flutter. I mean, who could resist a beautiful, kind-hearted and smart girl! She was just so captivating in every single way.

Unbeknownst to the Ace, his best friend was also admiring the girl from afar. Although Oikawa and Y/n were polar opposites, something about her was so attractive. Oikawa had always been flirtious but Y/n had never dated anyone before. She was just too innocent and pure for the world.

Today was just a normal day for everyone, Y/n was helping her teacher carry a huge stack of books to class. Coincidentally, Iwaizumi made a trip to the bathroom and he saw the smaller girl struggling to carry the load. He walked next to her and reached out his hand, mumbling out, "you need some help?"

Y/n nodded her head and passed him a few books. She bowed and thanked the man. Iwaizumi blushed and scratched the back of his neck, stuttering out a quick "you're welcome." Y/n saw the nervous wreck of the boy and chuckled.

They walked to class next to each other, Iwaizumi was usually calm and composed but next to Y/n, he could feel his heart thump against his chest. He tried to resist the rising flush against his face by looking away from the girl. Y/n saw his tinted cheeks and placed the back of her hand on his forehead.

"Iwaizumi-kun! Your face is kinda red, you alright?" Y/n asked with concern traced onto her words. Embarassed, Iwaizumi covered his cheeks and avoided eye contact with Y/n. He stuttered out a weak, "I'm fine" . Unconvinced, Y/n held onto the hem of his sleeve and tugged on it slightly, "you can go to the sick bay if you don't feel well."

Iwaizumi nervously chuckled and reassured her that he was fine. Y/n slightly pouted and said, "if you don't feel well please say something! I don't want to see my friend sick..." Iwaizumi's heart cracked a bit at her words. "Friends" that's all they will ever be.

They finally got back to class and carried on with their day.

~ after school ~

Oikawa spotted Y/n and Iwaizumi leave the school gate together. He slightly pushed the back of their shoulders and chanted out, "yo,yo, yo!" Surprised, Y/n instinctively pushed him away. Unfortunately, she seemed stronger than she looks and pushed the boy with a lot of force.

Oikawa pouted, "Y/n-chan!~ That hurt a lot!" Guilty, Y/n rushed to his side and apologised, "I'm so sorry Oikawa-kun! Where does it hurt? Do you need an ice pack? Do you need anything?" Oikawa smirked, "a kiss would do the trick." Jealous, Iwaizumi punched Oikawa's shoulder and scolded, "Crappykawa! Don't trick Y/n-chan like that!"

Oikawa continued his teasing, "why, you jealous Iwai-kun?" Iwaizumi's eyes burned with anger, "HUH?!?" he angrily roared. Oikawa sweat dropped and scratched the back of his neck, "a-ah, sorry Iwai-kun." Y/n giggled at the sight of the duo. Her bubbling laughter caught the attention of the two, "so cute" they thought as they saw the girl trying to contain herself.

Y/n calmed down and apologised, saying that she had to rush home because she needed to take care of something. She did a quick bow and left. Iwaizumi commented, "she is really cute huh." Oikawa's eyes widen in realisation, Iwaizumi has a crush on his own crush.

Just to make sure that Oikawa wasn't assuming things, he asked his friend, "b-by any chance, do you like Y/n-chan?" Iwaizumi blushed and replied nervously, "I think I kinda like her."

Oikawa was shocked to say the least. He genuinely didn't want to fight his best friend over a girl. What should he do? He likes her too! But it would still hurt to see Y/n and Iwai together while he watches in silence.

Iwaizumi could read Oikawa like an open book. Of course he could, they have been best friends for what felt like forever, so it was only natural for him to feel so. Iwaizumi placed a hand on Oikawa's shoulder and calmly asked, "you like Y/n-chan too hm?"

Oikawa chuckled, "who wouldn't like that angel of a girl." The two talked about her for a while and came to a mutual agreement. If any of them ended up dating Y/n, they would not get jealous and would not get salty. To them, their friendship meant more than just one girl. Stick to the bro-code damn it.

The two also agreed to host an mini-competition to see who impressed Y/n more, and to see who she likes. They were going to start tomorrow. May the best man win!

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: Hey! Hey! Hey! Hoped you liked part 1 so far! I PROMISE I WILL ACTUALLY MAKE A PART 2 UNLIKE THE KUROO ONE

( I'm sorry but it's because I don't like angst all that much. Forgive me 😔 ) I already made part 2!!! I promise I won't flake out like last time HAHA

I made this a two parter because personally, I like to keep my work consistent and not shove it down all at once if that makes sense?

But I hope that you get where I am coming from HAHA

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!

Sorry if my writing is trash lmao. Tell me if I can work on anything too!

Bishamonten09 bless your soul and thanks for requesting even though I told you to!!! THANKS AND I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH HAHA ❤

Without you I think my book would be dead. You are literally carrying my book on your shoulders so thank you ❤

And thank you to the readers as well! Without all of you, I would not have made it so far!

So thank you everyone! 💖