A Hand to Hold || Sugawara Koushi ☁️💫

As Y/n curled up into a ball all by herself, she just let everything out. Who is going to care anyways? It's not like anyone was going to look her way. Who would care? Crying just made her look a million times more pathetic and that's what she is. Right?

As she sobbed her eyes out, remembering that happened over the last few days. All the horrible things she was called. All of the things people pointed at her for. She was done. It was basically her final straw.

For days, she struggled to cry. As much as she wanted to let everything out. Not a single tear could escape. So why... why now?

Why did it have to be now? She wished she could just stand everything a little longer til she got home. But something in her just broke and she lost it.

The frustration of everything she had to witness. People leaving her one by one for something she didn't even do. No one believing the poor girl as she started to internalize everything to herself.

The past few days have been like hell to her. It's just something she doesn't want to talk or think about. Not even her parents know. She is so embarassed by the fact that she can't tell anyone because no one would believe her. Hell, she wouldn't believe herself if someone had gone through the same thing as her.

As she slid her fingers through her hair and tugged on it slightly, crying her eyes out. She hates everything! Gosh, she could do some ridiculous things to herself and no one would care. But who cares anyways, it's not like she was significant to begin with.

As she leaned against the tree behind her, she stared up into the sky. Gosh, she could just die and no one would notice. She could just perish and the world would be fine. She felt so selfish, how pathetic of her to pity herself like this.

A soft voice called out from the other side of the tree, "hey, don't cry..." The voice was gentle and calm. Y/n hiccuped a little as she tried her best to calm herself down. Ah, she must look like an idiot right now.

"Sorry, I must be annoying haha." The girl managed to sputter out despite the hiccups in between. The voice awkwardly stuttered, "i-it's fine! You aren't annoying in any way I was just a little concerned."

Y/n,a little confused, asked, "what for? You don't even know me. I'm just a selfish brat who pities herself."

"Don't say that! Everyone has been so horrible to you and yet you bottled up your feelings like this. No wonder we've never seen you cry... because you bottle up everything to yourself." The voice sounded oddly familiar. However, Y/n couldn't put her finger on it.

Y/n chuckled to herself bitterly, "thanks for caring, but I don't think you know me."

"You do..." the voice said as it seemed to be a little louder than before.

"Sugawara, what are you trying to do?" Y/n says as she physically moved away. Sugawara's heart sunk as he had a bitter taste linger in his mouth. "I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just worried..."

Y/n glared, "what is there to worry? Shouldn't you worry about your own life? What significance do I have to you?"

Sugawara inched closer, "that's not the point Y/n. I know what happened... you didn't do anything wrong yet you have all of this misfortune. It must really suck for you." The boy took a second to breathe in and process everything, "I don't expect you to tell me anything per say but I-I, I'm always here for you if you need me."

Y/n looked at him in confusion, someone cares? What for? All she's ever done is bring misfortune, why would anyone want to be around her?

Y/n's mouth was left agape, "I-I, but why? Why all of a sudden?"

Sugawara smiled softly at the girl, "because, it isn't fair if you have to suffer all by yourself. I can't just stand there and watch you cry." The boy stretched out his hand to her,

"please, let me be a hand to hold, I can help you."

Y/n was a little overwhelmed with everything. Is she crazy enough to believe him? She hesitantly reached out and asked, "are you sure about all of this?"

The boy nodded, "I am, I won't ditch you I promise."

Y/n was a little touched by his words. They seemed genuine and that's something she hasn't felt in a while. It felt... nice.

She placed her hand in his palm and he gently pulled her up.

"From now on, you don't have to cry alone. I'll be by your side Y/n." He says with a gentle smile.

As tears welled up in the girl's eyes. What was this feeling? Why was she crying? She isn't sad. So why?

The boy hugged her as she wailed like a baby. What was this feeling? She couldn't explain it at all. It felt warm but at the same time a little scary? Scary in the sense that she felt like she's insane for relying on a stranger.

Maybe she was crazy enough to trust him.

Y/n would never forget the words that he said to her that day.

"You'll never be alone from now on. I'll be your shoulder to cry on and I'll be the hand you hold when your in doubt."

It was genuine and sweet. It made her heart melt in pure awe. Someone out there in this insane world actually cares for her. And loves her despite what people say. Someone is crazy enough to stick by her side despite all the crazy things people say.

If people could be this crazy to her, then it wouldn't be weird if there was one boy out here in this small world to be crazy enough to be with her right?

Y/n looked up and smiled for the first time in a while. "Thank you," she says as her warm smile managed to captivate the heart of Sugawara Koushi.

This isn't some "shoujou manga" with extreme plot twist or extreme romance. Though it started off rough with the two, at least Y/n has a hand to hold through it all.

It wasn't easy in any way shape or form but Sugawara stayed by her side. The one crazy person that cared for her and that was enough for Y/n. That was more than enough for Y/n to have a reason to smile and be happy.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: ahahaha i got a little carried away writing this one. ACTUALLY I WANTED TO PUT OSAMU BUT THAT WOULD BE TOO OOC SO NOPE.

I WENT WITH SOFT BOY SUGAWARA! Which was a little surprising to me

I hope you liked this!!! Hahaha I dont think many can relate to this but to those who have a similar sotuation to Y/n, just know that you can do it. Really!

Stay strong because there is someone out there who cares about you even if you cant see it right now. I know its hard to imagine but trust me, many people fo care about you and love you.

Dont stop smiling okay? You're all beautiful!

Just know that I love you too!!! So dont ever be sad <3

I love you! See you in the next chapter you beautiful people!