Nine point Eight || Miya Atsumu ☁️💫💖🎵

Warning: mentions of death and suicide, read with precaution loves! 💖 ( there is fluff if you squint hard enough )

~🎵 Calla lily, carnation, daisy
Silently chase away your worries 🎵 ~

The beautiful bouquet of flowers always brought a smile to Y/n's face. They were arranged beautifully and smelt ever so fragrant. As she lied on the hospital bed as death waited for her, these flowers held her back from reality, making her cherish her last breaths.

~🎵 Chrysanthemum, kalanchoe
Become your shield whenever you fall asleep 🎵 ~

Atsumu placed a bouquet of Chrysanthemums and Kalanchoe next to Y/n. She has always loved the scent of those flowers as they were soothing and refreshing. The hospital air never helped with Y/n's want to leave and to breathe fresh air once more. With her condition worsening, these flowers were her last hopes of feeling the outside world.

~🎵 I cried out
Please don't leave me behind, leave me behind
So you held me tight
And said I will be just fine, I will be just fine, I will be just fine 🎵 ~

As Atsumu kneeled before Y/n's bed, tears welled up in the corner of his eyes. "Don't leave me," he chanted over and over again. Fear struck him as the reality of his lover leaving never left him. She was really leaving the world soon and the two knew it.

Y/n got off the bed as she held the man in her arms tightly, "I will be just fine, I will be just fine," she said. But they both knew, she won't.

~🎵 Petals dance for our valediction
And synchronize to your frozen pulsation
Take me to where your soul may live in peace
Final destination 🎵 ~

As the machine that was keeping Y/n alive for the past few months were switched off when the Electrocardiogram sounded, it was over. Sweet, sweet Y/n was gone. As Atsumu cried his heart out seeing the limp body lie peacefully next to him, he couldn't hold back his tears anymore. All those months of pain and suffering Y/n went through, all those months of her crying, wanting to leave.

All of that felt like it was nothing.

As the petals on her bouquets wilted off, as if they knew she was dead, Atsumu wished, he wished he could meet her one last time. Even if it meant for him to be dead.

~🎵 Touch of your skin sympathetically brushed against
The shoulders you used to embrace 🎵 ~

Before the girl died, she spoke her last few words to Atsumu. She placed her hand on his shoulder as she drifted off to "sleep". As her body became motionless, her hand still felt warm on his shoulder. The shoulders she used to embrace with all her heart.

The shoulders she leaned on for years.

~🎵 Sparkling ashes drift along your flames
And softly merge into the sky 🎵 ~

The dreaded day for Atsumu came. Instead of a normal burial, Y/n's family went with a cremation. ( a/n: idk I needed to fit it with the song but let's just say tradition ) As her body was sent off, Atsumu felt heavy hearted. 'Why couldn't we leave the world toogether?' Or 'why couldn't God take me first?' ran through his mind.

Life was unfair. Y/n was the first and only person he shared so much with. She was the person he loved so so much. She was the one who never failed to make him smile, she was the one he wanted a future with.

She was the one.

~🎵 Look now
I'm on the top of your world, top of your world 🎵 ~

As he stood on the roof of their house they shared. He looked down from above, remembering every memory they shared together. Every moment they spent together, it didn't matter if they fought, it didn't matter if things were bad.

All that mattered was,

They loved each other.

~🎵 My darling
Here I come, I yell
And take a leap to Hell 🎵 ~

Atsumu took the leap of faith. No no, not the metaphoric term. It was quite literal. "Here I come," he shouted to himself.

He jumped.

~ 🎵 Swirling wind sings for our reunion
And nine point eight is my acceleration 🎵 ~

They say life flashes before your eyes before you die.

They were right, he relived every moment right that second. He could hear the angels sing for the lovers' reunion. Nothing else mattered anymore. He was going to see Y/n once more. The very thing that he longed for all this time.

9.8, the acceleration of Atsumu falling from the roof. The pull of gravity was sudden yet so slow. So scary yet... so satisfying.

~🎵 Take me to where our souls may live in peace
Our brand new commencement 🎵 ~

Falling... falling... he was finally going to meet his lover. After all those months of grieving and loss, he couldn't bear to wait much longer.

A new beginning with Y/n. That sounds nice.

~🎵 Touch of your lips compassionately pressed against
The skull that you used to cherish 🎵 ~

He could hear Y/n's soft, lovely voice next to him. "Hello my darling." She whispered ever so lovingly. She placed a gentle kiss on his head as he continued to reach closer and closer to the ground.

That was it, he was going to die.

At least Y/n was by his side.

~🎵 Delicate flesh decomposes off my rotten bones
And softly merge into the sky 🎵 ~

As his body hit the ground hard, that was it, Miya Atsumu the volleyball professional many loved was now gone. But at least, he was once again with the woman he longed for all this time.

Y/n L/n. The person he thought he would never see again.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

A/n: hello there! Yes, i did it! Angst? Was it angsty? Kinda? No? I should stop trying to write angst? Meh you are right but

kiss_my_axe1432 SORRY I DID YOUR MAN DIRTY HEE HEE

But tbh i felt a lil heavy hearted writing this

Just a little HAHAHHA BUT I STILL HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!!

As always, stay safe, wear your mask, eat well, drink your water!! Love yalls!

Seriously, yall are awesome and the best :)