Chapter 4 - Learning about Q

I wake up from the sun seeping in through the blinds. I lift my hand over my eyes to block away the light that is blinding me as I try to sit up. It's 10:27AM. Guess I better take a shower. I undress and hop into the shower.

I finish my shower fifteen minutes later. I quickly hop out and put a towel around my body. When I get in my room, I look through all of my drawers trying to find something to wear. I quickly get dressed in a dark pair of jeans, a grey v-neck and a cardigan. It's now 11:00AM. I still have another day off and I have nothing to do today.

I grab a book and go outside. I sit on the porch swing and close my eyes before starting to read the book. The book is amazing and I just started really getting into it when I hear my name being called.

"Hey, Michaela!" I lift my head up and see Q making his way over.

"Oh hey, Brian! What's up?" I ask as he reaches me.

"Nothing much," he answers. "What are you reading?" he asks and leans against the pole holding my porch.

"Oh, just a book called The Program. It's amazing," I respond.

"That's cool," he smiles. "You doing anything today?" he asks.

"No, I'm actually off work today," I say.

"Do you want to come over later?" he asks looking kind of nervous.

"Yeah, sure," I smile.

"Oh thank God," he breathes out.

"What? You thought I would say no to the Brian Quinn from Impractical Jokers?" I joke.

He laughs. "So, um. Is 2:00 good?"

"Yeah, that's good."

"Okay. I'll see you then. I have to go get groceries," he says.

"Okay," I say. "See you later, Q."

"Bye, M," he winks playfully. I let out a small giggle and he gets in the car and takes off. I look at the clock on my phone. 11:37PM. I'll read a little longer then I'll go get ready.

I decide to stop reading at 12:30PM. I go inside, put my book away and look for something to eat. I decide on spaghetti. I'm italien, I have to like spaghetti. I grab a pot and add water to it. As I wait for it to boil, I turn on the TV and watch How I Met your Mother for a little while. Soon, the water boiled and I cooked the pasta. I sit on the couch, pasta in hand, and look through the channels. I decide on The Walking Dead. God, this show is beautiful. Once the episode finished and my spaghetti was done, it was already 1:45PM. I walk upstairs and straighten my hair and fix my makeup. I go downstairs, grab my phone and keys and leave the house, locking the door of course. I reach Q's house and knock on the door. I hear footsteps coming towards the door. The door opens and Q is standing there with a smile on his face.

"Michaela!" he yells.

"Q!" I yell equally as loud. He laughs and pulls me inside. I look around the nice, and surprisingly clean, house.

"Nice place," I say.

"Thanks" he says. "You hungry?"

"No, I just ate, thanks," I respond.

"Well how about you and I sit on the couch for a little and get to know each other. I want to know more about you. Who is Michaela?" he motions his hands towards me.

I laugh and say "Well okay. I want to know who Brian is."

We sit down on the couch and face each other.

"So, Michaela May Wilder," he starts.

"Yes, Brian Michael Quinn?" I ask. He laughs.

"Let's start with where you're from," he says.

"I'm actually from Quebec, Canada," I say. He looks surprised.

"Really?" I nod. "Cool! I'm from Staten Island. Been living here all my life."

"Cool! Favorite movie?"

"Empire Strikes Back. You?"

"School of Rock or Back to the Future."

"Favorite singer or band?" he asks.

"I would have to say either Van Halen, The Beatles, Boston or AC/DC," I respond.

"Wow, I never would have taken you as a rock person," he says impressed. After a while, we got more comfortable around each other and basically told each other our entire life stories. Laughs filled the room every few seconds. I'm really enjoying myself. Once we basically knew almost everything about each other, we didn't know what to do.

"So you, uh. You want to watch Star Wars?" he asks.

My eyes widen "YES!" he laughs and puts the disk in. We sit on the couch and watch The Phantom Menace. We both get really into the movie. The movie finishes and we sit there for a second still staring at the screen.

"I've seen that movie about 40 times, still awesome," I say.

"Agreed," he laughs. I look at the time and realize it's 11:00PM.

"Crap, I have to go. I have work tomorrow," I say getting up.

"Aww no," he pouts. He grabs my arm and pulls me back on the couch and puts his head on my shoulder. "Q, I have to go," I say as I laugh.

"Fine," he whines and gets up.

"I'll see you later, Q," I wave goodbye as he opens the door.

"Bye, Michaela."

A/N New chapter! I've been writing a lot and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week. I want them to be friends first so don't expect them to get together right away. It will take a little while. Sorry for any mistakes and thanks for reading.