Chapter 20 - Awkward situations

"This is so awkward," Maggie shakes her head and looks through my closet for something to wear.

"How is it awkward?" I lift my eyebrow.

"You're going on a double date with your boyfriends, your crush and his girlfriend," she states.

"Okay, first, Q is not my crush. Sure, I liked him before but that's done. I'm perfectly happy with James. We've been dating for almost two months now," I say. "And second, it won't be awkward because of a small crush I had months ago that he didn't even know about."

"You and Q had something there. It was obvious he liked you," she says and I give her an are-you-serious look. "Come on, Michaela. Just think about it."

"I don't need to think about it, though. I have James who is the most amazing guy and I feel so happy with him. I mean, the way I feel, I've only seen it in movies. This is different than any other relationship I've had and I really think we might last," I say truthfully. I'm not lying. I really do like James, like really like him.

Maggie looks at me with a sad smile. "I so wish that you were with Q, but I'm really happy for you," she says. I give her a hug and thank her. "Now! Let's look for that dress."

About an hour later, I was waiting at the door for James to pick me up for the date. I stand with Maggie in my white dress with a plunging neckline and white heels. She looks over at me and smiles.

"So are you ready for you 'non awkward' double date?" she asks using air quotes.

"Oh so ready," I say with a smirk. "What are you doing tonight?" I ask.

"Actually Sal invited me over to his place with Murr and Joe," she smiles.

"Really?" I ask and she nods. "That's awesome. Thank God they don't find you as weird as most people do."

"Hey!" she yells defensively.

"I'm kidding," I giggle. "But seriously, that's really awesome that you're hanging out with my friends."

"Yeah, they're a lot nicer than I expected," she says. I'm about to say something when the doorbell rings. I open it to see James looking as handsome as ever in his black suit.

"Holy sh-," James starts to say when he sees me. His face grows into a smile. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks, James," I blush. "You look very..." I finish my scentence with a whistle making James laugh and look down in embarassment.

"You ready?" he asks and holds out his arm. I slip my arm into his and smile.

"Lead the way."

We arrive at a nice restaurant filled with people. We walk in and I see Q waving his hands over to us.

"There they are," I say to James and point at Q. We walk over to where Q and Jenny and give them hugs and hand shakes.

"Hey, guys," I smile and sit at the round table next to Q and James.

"Hello," Jenny says.

"Oh, um Jenny this is James, Michaela's boyfriend. And James, this is Jenny, my girlfriend," explains Q.

"Nice to meet you," James shakes Jenny's hand. I see Jenny blush as she shakes James' hand. Oh no you don't. I'm dating this hunk. You have your own boyfriend who's sitting right next to you!

"Likewise," she says. James takes back his hand and rests it on my hand that is placed on the table. He squeezes my hand and I look up and smile at him. When I look over to Jenny, she's staring at our hands with a look of jealousy on her face. I look over to Q to see him looking at his girlfriend with a confused look. Maggie was right; this will be awkward, but for different reasons.

"So let's see what there is to eat," I say retracting my hand from James' and grabbing a menu in order to releave some of the tension. We look through the menus for a while and pick out something to eat. The waitress soon comes over with a pen and pad.

"Are you ready to order?" she asks.

"I think we are," James nods. The woman takes down mine, James and Jenny's order and then turns to Q.

"I'm really in the mood for a steak rights now," he says. I smile thinking of a Star Wars joke I could use.

"You know there are some great Wookie steaks here," I say.

"Wookie steaks?" Q turns and looks at me.

"Yeah, but they might be a bit Chewy," I say with a wink. Q looks at me for a few seconds before breaking into a laugh.

"That Star Wars pun is just amazing," he says and high fives me. "That was great."

"Oh my God, you guys are so cute," the waitress says to me and Q. Our faces immediately go red and our eyes go wide. She thought we were dating. Oh Maggie could not be more right.

"Were- were not dating," I say pointing between me and Q. The waitress' face goes beat red once she realizes her mistake.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" she exclaims.

"That's alright," I say with a small laugh. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jenny with her arms crossed and an angry look on her face. Now she can be jealous.

The waitress finishes taking Q's order and rushes to the kitchen. I look around the table at all of the faces. This cannot be more awkward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long night of nothing from Jenny but a few rude comments and some angry stares, we go off on our seperate ways. James and I get to my door and I look at him before I walk into the house. He's looking down at the floor with a sad expression on his face.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask him and lift his chin with my finger. He looks at me in the eyes and makes a sad smile.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," he says.

"Oh," I sigh. "Is it what the waitress said?" I ask. He looks at me again with a sad face and looks down again.

"James, don't worry about what she said, okay? I am so happy with you. You're absolutely perfect," I say but he still looks sad. "James." He looks up. "Me and Q are just friends, okay. He's not the one I'm with. It's you that I chose. It's you that I'm dating. Ot's you that I lo-" I cut myself off. I almost said love. Holy shit what is he going to do. Please, don't run off, don't run off. He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Wh-what?" he stutters.

"Uh, well," I blank out. Well, there's no getting out of this one. "I-I love you." I close my eyes so I can't see his expression. Oh, God. What is he going to do? He's going to run away 'cause he doesn't live me or he'll say something like "thank you".

I'm taken back from my thoughts when I feel abpair of warm lips on mine. Realizing James stayed and is actually kissing me, I kiss him back passionnately. I told him I love him and he didn't run away. My insides warm up as he pulls away from the kiss and rests his forhead on mine.

"I love you too," he whispers.

"You do?" I smile.

"Yeah, of course I do."

I smile and plant my lips on his and kiss him again. We stand on my porch kissing for a few minuted until he pulls away.

"Let's get you inside so I can rip that sexy dress off of you," he growls and I giggle while leading him inside.

A/N Please don't be mad! I know I haven't posted in a while and I am extremely sorry for that. I promised to get it done ASAP and I actually went as fast as I could. I've been so busy, I haven't even Watched Suits in the past week and I've missed the last 6 Walking Dead episodes. Trust me that means a lot. I've been having problems in school (ahem math) and with a few friends and I've been having boy troubles and blah! Anyway, I've been speeding up the process a little more for the story. Next chapter will have some development in the story too. Anyways, thanks for reading and sorry for the oh so many mistakes:)