Chapter 46 - Families and Fights

Bess and Joe's room was filled with their families gushing at the adorable newborn in the room. Standing in the corner of the room, we wait for the room to clear up before going to hold the baby. Once it finally happens and we're the only people left, I rush to the bed not being able to wait another second to hold this baby.

"My God she is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen," I whisper trying not to wake the child sleeping in my arms. I shift her in my arms shushing her as she begins to stir. 

"Wow, you're good with her," Sal says in a low voice as everyone watches me and the girl in my arms.

"I've done this before," I wave them off and continue to rock Milana. I turn my head notice everyone's shocked and confused faces.

"What?" Q asks with worry in his tone.

"My nephew," I say like they should already know.

"You have a nephew? Wait, you have a sibling?" Q asks confused by his lack of knowledge.

"Yeah, two actually."

"Two?"

"Yup. An older brother and a younger sister."

"How did I not know this?" Q asks mainly himself. It's at that point that Milana begins to stir. 

"Here let me take her," Bessie motions to take her. I place the newborn in her arms with care trying not to move her too much. "I think she's hungry," Bessie says. We take that as a queue to leave to give the new parents their time with Milana. I make my way back to the waiting room to take a seat. 

"So, two siblings?" I turn around to see the owner of the voice. I'm not surprised to find Brian staring down at me from behind my chair.

"Yup. Is that a problem? 'Cause that's not something I can really change..." 

"No , Michaela. Of course not," he chuckles as he sits next to me. "I just find it weird that I didn't know that."

"Well we haven't been dating that long, we don't need to know everything about each other just yet. I mean that's the fun part; learning about each other," I smile at him.

"Yeah, of course. It's just weird how I was hoping to meet your family before I even know half of them even exis-"

"Wait," I stop him. His words process in my mind before I continue. "You we're thinking about meeting my family?"

"Well yeah. Wait, did you not want me to?"

"Well it's not that I don't want you to... just a little early isn't it?" I reply

"I don't think it's that early," he says

"Q, we had sex for the first time yesterday," My voice drops a little to make sure nobody around hears.

"We've also said 'I love you', Michaela." There's a small silence for a moment.

"Only recently."

"Do you not want me to meet your family? I'm open to you meeting mine," he says. I begin to get nervous. I don't like where this is going.

"It's not that I don't want you to meet my family, I just want to make sure we're serious enough before we do." Okay that sounded a lot better in my head.

"I'm pretty serious about us, Michaela. Are you not?," he says grabbing my hand and shifting his body to face me more.

"Can we not talk about this here, please?" I ask hoping he will just drop the subject. As if on queue, Maggie walks into the room.

"Hey, we're just gonna say bye to them and head home. I think they need to rest for a while," she says not noticing the tension that had been growing. We get up and follow her to the room to see the happy family. They are all lying on the bed half-asleep with big smiles on their faces.

"Hey, guys," Murr says opening the door to let us all in. "We're all gonna head home now, give you guys some rest." We all walk over individually hugging both Joe and Bessie and giving a little goodbye to Milana. When my turn comes, I give the baby a gentle kiss on the forehead. I stare at her for a second longer and then make my way out of the room with a final goodbye to everyone.

Brian and I walked to the car in silence. The tension followed us all the way to the car. It was in the middle of our drive that the silence was broken.

"So, are you?" Brian asks.

"Am I what?" I ask confused.

"Are you serious about us?"

"Q," I groan.

"No, really. Apparently we have to be serious before we meet any family members. What is serious to you?"

"Brian," I say sternly.

"How many times do we have to have sex before we're serious to you? How many times do we have to say 'I love you'?"

"What is wrong with you? Why are you acting like this?"

"I don't open up with people very often, Michaela. I opened up to you last night and if that didn't mean anything to you-"

"You know that's not what I meant, Q!" I raise my voice with tears forming in my eyes. Q stops the car next to my house but we stay in the car.

"Then what did you mean?"

"I love you, Q. I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment yet."

"Well if you're not even willing to commit then I don't see why we should even continue this," he half-yelled. There was a different kind of silence than before. Both of us seemed to regret our words, but there wasn't a way to turn back.

"If that's how you feel, then fine." I don't give him a chance to answer as I exit the car with a slam of the door and run inside without looking back.

A/N Hey, everyone! I promised a few people I would update soon so here it is. I rewrote this a billion times cause I wasn't sure how to write this or how to make them fight/break up. So I know I've been gone for a while... like a year... but I'm back and I'm ready to continue this book. I've spent time to myself and I've been going on vacations and I'm doing what I can to get better. I've been going through the hardest time of my life but I hope to get back into writing and finish this book for you guys. Sorry for the super long wait but I hope you enjoy. And don't worry, I won't spend as long to update again ;) I just want to thank everyone for the ideas, the comments and the immense support through this tough time. You guys are amazing!

Seeya Pals