Chapter 23 - No Apologies

My first punishment. I lost the episode and now I'm about to encounter my first punishment. Stupid balloon challenge. I have no idea how this is going to go. Hopefully this won't be too bad.

I'm currently in a park with the boys at my side. Fuck I'm nervous. They look at me with a smile. I don't like this.

"Michalea is our big loser and is the most apologetic out of all of us," Joe says once the camera is rolling. No, no, no, no, no.

"So for her first ever punishment, we're putting her to the test with," Murr starts.

"The no-apology gauntlet!" they tell.

"You are going to have to run the gauntlet stopping at these signs where you'll find the awful tasks that you have to do to people," says Q.

"You can say anything you want," Sal says.

"Except for 'I'm sorry'," they all say simultaniously.

"I'm sorry I ever met you guys," I say causing them to laugh.

"Let the gauntlet commence!" Q yells pumping his fist in the air.

"You guys suck," I say and walk towards the first stop. I pick up the envelope and read what's written.

"Step on someone's foot," I read aloud.

"That's something you apologize for," I hear Joe say.

"Course you apologize," Murr says. "This is America." I see some people sitting on a bench. Better go up to them.

"This is extremely hard specifically for Michaela. She apologizes for everything," Joe says. Hell ya it is!I slowly walk past a guy sitting on the bench and step on his foot. I look down and bounce back from the guy's foot. The guy looks up at me.

"You've got a problem?" he asks me. I simply shake my head and walk away. I hear the guys laughing through the earpiece. I close my eyes and shake my head. I find the next stop and open the envelope.

'Oh my God. Oh my God," I repeat. The guys laugh as I say "Woof at a baby." I hear them pretend to do it through the earpiece.

"Woof at a baby. Are you serious? This is number two?" I ask.

"We stepped it up. It's the no-apology gauntlet," Joe says.

"Oh my God," I say again. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeat over and over again.

"She's getting it out now," Q says. I open a gate where a mother is pushing her baby in a stroller and a father is holding his child. I have to say it. But I can't. The boys start 'woofing' in my earpiece but I let the people go. I'll get the next one.

"You have to do it!" says Murr.

"Ugh this is too hard. I'm Canadian. I can't not apologize," I whine.

"Come on, Michaela," says Murr. I see a woman rolling a stroller coming by. I open the gate for her .

"Do it. Do it. Do it," Q repeats. As she's passing, I let out an aggressive 'woof'. The woman looks at me weirdly and walks away. The guys laugh and I bury my face in my hands.

"Fuck you guy," I say angrily.

"Please do," says Q with, what I can tell, is a smirk.

"Q!" I yell. "Oh my God." They laugh at me. AGAIN. Ugh, stupid punishment. I walk up to the next stop.

"Sneeze on someone," I read. "Sneeze on someone!" I say louder. "You guys are awful."

"You got to do it," says Q. I walk up behind someone and fake sneeze on them. They jump and mutter a swear word. I just walk away not agknowledging it.

"I can't do anymore," I say.

"You're doing good, Michaela. You only got two more," says Joe. I open the next one.

"Blow an airhorn at-" I start laughing before I can finish my scentence.

"Right under there is an airhorn," says Joe. I look around and find it. This is going to suck so bad.

"Fuck," I mutter and walk towards a random person. "I'm going to get punched in the face." I walk up behind a girl talking on the phone. I slowly raise the airhorn. Hesitantly, I press the button making the horn blast. I retract it as the woman stares at me with her jaw open. I place my hand over my mouth.

"Oh my God. Someone blew an airhorn at me," the woman says into the phone and walks off. I stand there for a few seconds, nod and walk towards the last one.

"You're evil," I hear Sal say.

"Alright, Michaela. Only one more stop to go," says Murr. I walk up to the last one and read my task.

"Give and old woman the middle- oh!" I start to read. "Oh this is bad. Give an old woman the finger," I laugh with wide eyes. "No! You guys are fucking assholes."

"Old people deserve middlefingers too. Just 'cause they're old," Joe says.

"What am I going to do?"

"I'll show you," says Joe and they all stick up the finger. I flip them off too and they laugh.

"There, you got it," says Sal.

"I'm getting the chills right now," I say.

"Just complete this one and you're done," says Murr. An old woman starts walking towards me. I look at her with a nervous look. This cannot be happening.

"Oh my God," I keep repeating. The woman just starts passing at I slowly raise my middlefinger while screaming. I close my eyes till she passes by, not even acknowledging me. It's over. I'm done! I hear the guys clapping. That reminds me. I walk up to the guys and punch them each in the arm.

"Ow!" they all yell.

"Woops. Can't apologize," I wink and walk away.

"Stop staring at her ass!" I hear Joe yell. I laugh and continue to walk away.

"Good job out there," I hear a familiar voice. I turn around to see someone I haven't seen in a while.

"James!" I yell and jump into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist. We stand there hugging for a minute till he sets me down and kisses me passionately.

"When did you get here? I thought you were supposed to come back later tonight," I say he pulls away.

"I got an earlier flight. I wanted to see you. I missed you," he says.

"I missed you too," I smile and kiss him again.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I respond. "I'm glad you're back."

A/N TWICE IN A DAY! I UPDATED TWICE IN A DAY! It's Easter break now so I will have either a lot of time or no time at all but I will update again soon. Next chapter will be exciting. Actually the next few chapters will be exciting. Thanks so much for everything! You guys are awesome. More Q and Michaela coming up!

Seeya pals!