Chapter 9 - What do you think?

The gym usually releaves a lot of my stress. I stayed at the gym for two hours after work. I didn't enjoy work today, especially since I had such a great day yesterday. But I mean, who would like people take pictures of you in your underwear?

I take in the hot day as I walk out of the gym and down the steps. I tie my hair up in a ponytail and begin my walk home. I take my phone out of my pocket when I get a phone call. I answer it without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Michaela," Q says from the other end of the call.

"Oh hey, Q! What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, uh, are you able to meet me and the guys at my house in about an hour? We need to ask you something. It's kind of important," he says in a serious tone. This is scaring me.  What's going to happen?

"Uh, sure. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine," he says laughing a bit.

"Okay good. I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, okay. See you,"

"Bye," I say and hang up. I walk a few more blocks till I recognize my house. When I walk in, I drop my bag and take off my flowy shirt leaving me in my shorts and a sports bra. I grab a water bottle from out of the fridge and take a small sip. The doorbell rings and I walk over to the door as I screw the cap on. When I open the door, Q is standing on the other side. He looks at my body and his cheeks flush red. I look down and remember I'm in nothing but shorts and a sports bra. I blush and put on the shirt I was wearing earlier.

"Hey, Q," I say.

"Hey, Michaela. I just came over to ask if you have any beer." he says.

"Yeah, I do. You ran out?" I cuckle.

"Well, yeah," he says.

"I'll go get them," I laugh. "You can come in if you want," I call over to him as I walk to the garage. I come back out with a case of beer and hand it to Q who is now standing in my living room looking around my house.

"Your house is nice," he says and grabs the case from my hands.

"Thanks," I smile up at him. He returns it. We stand there smiling at each other for a few seconds before he speaks up.

"Well, uh. Thanks for the beer," he says.

"Oh yeah, uh. No problem," I look down slightly nervous. I lead him towards the door and we say our goodbyes. When I close the door, I can't help but wonder why I was so nervous. I shake away the thought and jog upstairs to take a shower. Once all of the sweat is washed away, I get out of the shower. I dry and curl my hair and look for something to wear. I pick out a cute long sleave baggy shirt with a pair of jeans. After applying my makeup, I leave my house and walk towards Brian's. I knock at the door and am greeted by four of my best friends. They all give me a hug and I enter the house.

"So what's this thing you needed to ask me?" I ask the guys.

"Right, um. Let's sit down." Joe says. I follow them to the living room and sit on one of the couches and they all stare at me. Okay this is getting crrepy. What's going on?

"So, um. How do we start this?" Sal mumbles.

"We got a call from Pete today," Murr takes control. I nod my head for him to continue. "He told us that he really liked having you on the show. Everyone thought you were amazing," He says and I smile wide but am still confused to what they're trying to ask me.

"He talked to everyone in the studio and they all agreed," Q continues. "So he called us to talk to us about you and he gave us a proposal. He asked us if..." he trails off.

"If....?" I edge him on.

"If you would want to be a permanent Joker on the show!" Joe yells.

"What, what?" I say with a shocked expression on my face.

"Hey! I wanted to tell her," Q pouts.

"Well you were too slow," Joe says to him.

"It's called dramatic effect," Q says.

"Guys!" I say trying to get back to their question.

"Right. Pete called and asked us to ask you if you want to officially be on our show as a Joker! He heard you talking about how much you hate your job and thought you would be a great addition to the team," Q says.

"You can quit your job and get payed for hanging out with us!" Sal says. They all look at me with smiles on their faces.

"So," Murr says. "What do you think?"

A/N Yay! New chapter! I'm very excited about this story and how it's going so far. It took a little while to write this chapter since I've had a lot going on lately. It might take a little while to write the next chapter since I have a few projects to do and a tournament. I'm going to try and write it fast though. Over 600 reads on this story! I'm so happy! Thank you to you all!