Chapter 16 - Boyfriend

I wake up naked and tangled in white sheets. Last night's events replay in my mind. I roll over on the bed and see James slowly opening his eyes. Once his eyes are fully open, he smiles and gives me a peck on the lips.

"Morning," he says still smiling.

"Morning," I peck his lips again. He props up on one elbow and kisses me for a little longer. He pulls away hovering over me and looks me in the eyes.

"I hope you know that last night actually meant something for me. I don't want this to just be a one night stand," he says.

"What are you trying to say?" I ask. He take a deep breath.

"This might be a little soon but I feel something with you. So, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks nervously. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down to my lips where I give him a long, passionate kiss.

"Of course I will," I whisper when I pull away. He smiles and dives in for another kiss. We kiss for a little longer, lips mashing together and moviong insync till I remember I have work. I pull away and look at the clock on his nightstand. 9:00AM. I have to be at work by 11:00AM.

"I got to go to work," I whisper since we're only a few inches apart. He nods and gives me another kiss. I pull away and jump out of bed witht he sheet wrapped around my torso. I start getting changed when I remember I don't have my car. A panicked look comes across my face as I look at James.

"I'll drive you home," he says practically reading my mind.

"Do you mind driving me to a friends house? My car is there," I ask.

"Sure," he smiles getting out of bed and pecking my lips. We go down to the kitchen where he makes me toast with a heavenly contraption called Nutella.

"So, do you want to go out to dinner tomorrow night? You know, a first date kind of thing," he says.

"Yeah, that would be great," I smile and continue eating.

"Great," he beams. "Here, I'll just put my number in your phone," he says and I give him my phone. He hands it back to me after he put his number in.

"Ready to go?" he asks when I finish my last bite.

"Yup," I say and we walk over to his car.

We arrive at Maggie's house and I thank James and give him a peck on the cheek.

"What? None on the lips?" he jokes. I laugh and give him a quick kiss.

"Bye, James," I say and get out of the car. I pass my car parked in her driveway and knock on her door. I turn around just in time to see James take off. I smile to myself till I hear the sound of the door opening.

"Michaela?" Maggie sounds confused.

"Hey," I shyly wave.

"Where did you go last night?" she asks.

"I went to James' house," I say without giving anymore information. She pauses.

"Who?" she asks sounding a little angry.

"My boyfriend," I mumble.

"Your what!" she practically yells.

"I met him at the bar last night. We talked for practically the entire night and I had a great time. He invited me back to his house and he asked me out and now I guess we're together," I explain.

"Did you..." she implies. I blush and look down to the floor. "You didn't," she says still sounding kind of angry.

"Look, it wasn't just a one night stand. I actually like this guy. This means something," I say.