Chapter 19 - Greased Frightening

"Today we are working at a mechanic shop," Murr starts.

"And while we're helping customers we must do and say what the other guys tell us," I say.

"If you refuse," Q says.

"You lose," we all finish together.

"Okay, guys. We'll pick it up in the shop," says Pete. We get inside the shop and continue filming the episode. Q fails miserably after I tell him to tie his shirt like a country girl and lay across the hood of a guys car. That would have been a sight to see. After Joe fails and Murr and Sal pass, it's my turn.

I stand in the corner of the room not knowing what to do as a guy comes in.

"Michaela, I want you to randomly break out into song and dance," says Sal into the microphone. My eyes widen as I look into one of the hidden cameras. Fuck. How do I do this. I start talking to the customer as I think of an idea. Then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I spot the radio in the corner of the room on a table and swiftly walk over to it and plug in my phone.

"Sorry, I just concentrate better with music," I say to the customer.

"That's alright," the man says as I look on youtube for the instrumental of the legendary song. I walk up to the guy's car and pop the hood leaning over to look inside.

"This car," I start and move over to the table and play the music.

"Michaela, what are you doing?" Q asks. I just smile and wink at a camera.

"Why this car in automatic," I say. BAM.

"What was that?" Sal asks not knowing it's the music. The scaredy cat.

"It's systematic," I say. BAM.

"Holy shit. No way," Joe says and I hear the guys laughing.

"It's hydromatic," I emphasize 'hydromatic'. The customer starts laughing and has a confused face. "Why it's Greased Lightning! Greased Lightning," I add the backround noises and the guys laugh.

"Get this guy to sing," Q orders. Oh shit.

"We'll get some overhead lifters and some four barrel quads, oh yeah," I sing and point to the guy to sing Kineckie's part. He doesn't get the message so I just clap and continue. "A fuel injection cutoff and chrome plated rods, oh yeah," I point to the guy again. This time, he obeys.

"I'll get the money, I'll kill to get the money," he says awkwardly. I quickly high five him and continue my song. I start to move my hips to the music and I run around the room doing twirls as I sing along.

"With a four speed on the floor, they'll be waiting at the door. You know that ain't no shit, we'll be getting lots of tit in Greased Lightning!" I sing. The corus is next so I run and slide on my knees and start moving my arms to the famous 'Greased Lightning' dance.

"Go Greased Lightning, you're burning up the quarter mile. Greased Lightning, go Greased Lightning," I sing and nod my head to the guy signaling for him to join in. He comes and joins and so do a few people from the shop. Soon, we're all singing to the song Greased Lightning. When the instrumental comes, the guys come into the room and start dancing with us. Q takes my hand and twirls me. We do our version of swing dancing together. It isn't bad honestly. We continue to dance until the instrumental is over. He let's go of me and we continue to sing. I sing the last note and the song finishes. Everyone just stands there not knowing what to do. I walk up to the customer.

"It'll be ready in a week," I say and walk away hearing the guys crack up in the corner.

I get ready to go home since we finished filming for the day. A bunch of people have been coming up to me telling me how awesome my "performance" was today. I laugh and thank everyone. This was a memoral day. I see the guys coming up to me out of the corner of my eye. I feel and hand tap my back and turn around to see four smiling idiots.

"Hey, guys," I say.

"That was awesome today," Murr says excitedly.

"Excuse Murr, he doesn't do anything fun," Joe jokes. I laugh at his joke as Murr stands there with a pout. "But honestly, that was awesome," Joe says.

"Thanks," I smile.

"It was quite frightening," Sal says.

"Hey! Greased Frightening!" I say matching Murr's excitement.

"Nice," Q high fives me.

"Thanks," I smile. He smiles back and gives me a wink and I giggle slightly.

"Seriously?" Joe says.

"What? I thought it was funny. Or punny," I say.

"No not that. That was actually pretty good. It's the fact that even though neither of you guys are single, you're both still flirting," Joe says.

"What?" Q says.

"Nope, not true," I say.

"Yes, yes it is! I've noticed a lot of it," Joe says.

"Even if we are- which we aren't- nothing can happen. We're both in relationships," I say and Q agrees.

"Okay, whatever," Joe raises his hands in surrender.

"Joe, stop making things awkward for them," Sal says. I laugh and grab my things.

"I'm going to get going, guys. See ya later," I say and hug my friends.

"Bye," They all say simultaniously. I walk my way out the door and into the parking lot. When I get to my car, I hear my name being called. I turn around seeing Q running towards me.

"What's up, Q?" I ask.

"Um, Jenny and I were wondering if you and James wanted to go on a double date at that new restaurant down town," Q asks scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh, I'll have to ask James but I'm down for it," I say with a smile.

"Great! How about tomorrow at 7:00?" he asks.

"That's good for me. I'll talk to James and get back to you."

"Great. See he later," he hugs me.

"Bye, Q," I hug him back. We let go and get into our cars. I start the car and pull out my phone. I dial my boyfriend's number and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Hey, James," I say into the phone.

"Oh hey, gorgeous," James says with a smirk I can tell his wearing through the phone. I blush at the name. Aww this guy.

"Well, handsome," he chuckles. "How would you like to go on a double date with Q and his girlfriend, Jenny, tomorrow at 7:00?"

"Yeah, that would be great," he says.

"Awesome! It's at that new restaurant downtown," I tell him.

"Alright, I'll pick you up at 6:30, okay?" he asks.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later," I say.

"Okay. Bye, sexy," I hear his smile.

"Bye, James," I laugh. We hang up the phone and I start my drive home.

This might get weird tomrrow.

A/N Hello there people! I am quite the sorry one for not updating in a while. I've been crazy busy lately with sports and school and crap so please tell me you're the forgiving type of people. I know I say this a lot but I'm going to try to update faster. I've been having 'boy troubles' but it's not a big deal. I've quickly worked things out and I have that off my mind so BACK TO WRITING FOR ME! Anyways, the Greased Lightning car mechanic thingy was not an actual episode and is completely made up and I hope you like it. The story is actually going along pretty well and we are getting closer to the part you are waiting for! So start getting excited! But not too excited. Anywaaaays, thanks for ready and sorry for any of the many mistakes.

Seeya Pals *salute*

(P.S if you know that reference you are my forever friend)