Chapter 31 - Peanut

"Hey, Q!" I yell as I open the door.

"Michaela, you're... excited," Q says.

"Well why wouldn't I be excited if I am on my way to the animal rescue shelter," I smile widely.

"You are?" he asks.

"Yup," I say popping the 'p'.

"That's awesome! What are you adopting?" he asks.

"I'm thinking a kitten," I say.

"Yes, cats. I'm not alone," he says high-fiving me. "I actually came here to hang out but seeing as you're leaving and I have nothing to do today, mind if I come with you?"

"Yeah, sure. You can help me pick out a cat," I say.

"Awesome," he smiles. I grab my keys and shoes and make my way to my car. We drive to the animal shelter and make it there in less than twenty minutes. Time to get a kitten.

We walk inside and I look around the shelter at all of the adorable animals.So much cuteness In one room.

"We're going to be here a while," I whisper to Q. He chuckles as we begin to look around the shelter.

"This one!" I yell for the twentieth time.

"Michaela, you've said that for each one," Q laughs.

"Well I'm sorry but this is hard they're all just so fucking adorable!" I squeal. He laughs and I continue to look around.

"This is so weird. I feel like I'm judging them based on their cuteness," I say.

"Why do you think these things?" he asks.

"I don't know I just do. Trust me, you do not want to be in here," I say pointing to my head.

"Yeah, you're right," he says with a smile. I playfully punch his arm and a lady comes up to us.

"Hello, how are you today?" she asks.

"Very good, thank you," I smile.

"Is there anything you're looking for?" she asks.

"I'm looking for a cat," I say.

"Any kind of cat in particular?" she asks.

"No, not really," I say.

"Okay, so just look around and feel free to ask me any questions," she says.

"Thank you," I smile. I pass the many cages looking at all of the adorable cats. I stop at a cage with the most adorable kitten I have ever seen.

"Hello," I say tapping on the cage. The kitten stands up and walks to the front of the cage making a 'meow'.

"Oh my God, oh my God. It's so fucking adorable. This one. This one, please," I say to Brian.

"It's not my decision," Q says.

"Okay, it's final. I want this one," I smile. Q get's the lady and brings her over to me.

"I see you've chosen your kitten," she says.

"Yes, this one's adorable," I say. "Does it have a name?"

"Yes, her name is Peanut. Would you like to hold her?" she asks.

"Yes please," I squeal. She opens the cage and grabs the cute little kitten and sets her in my arms. I smile as I stroke the orange and white fur.

"It's so adorable," I smile while petting the head. Q looks at me with a big smile.

"Do you want to hold her?" I ask Q.

"Sure," he says and grabs the kitten from my hands. He starts petting her head and smiles while bringing the cat close the his body. I have to admit, this is quite attractive.

"Alright, follow me and we'll fill out the paperwork. I nod and follow her into a room and begin to fill out the paper adding my signature to the places I need to.

"So how long have you two been together?" the woman asks. I stop writing and look at Q with a blush on my face.

"Were, uh. We're not together," I stutter slightly.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I just assumed," she says.

"That's alright. It's happened before," I laugh.

"Thank God," she whispers. I laugh and finish the paperwork. Once I finish, I hand the woman the papers.

"Alright, you just adopted a kitten," the lady says. I smile and the lady grabs a small cage for me to bring the kitten home. I put the kitten in the cage and thank the lady. We get in the car with the kitten and I start driving back home.

"Wait," I say. Should I get some cat food and stuff for her?"

"Yeah that would be smart," Q says. I recalculate my mental GPS and make my way to the closest pet store. Thank God the cat is allowed inside. Q and I walk inside and we start searching the isles. He shows me everything I need for the cat including food, beds, and toys.

"Thanks, Q," I say as we exit the store.

"No problem, Michaela," he says and wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk back to the car and head back home.

A/N Hello people. Sorry for this chapter I have writers block :P. I don't know what it's like to adopt an animal so I just did the best I could and tried to make it as realistic as possible. Anyway thank you all for everything:)

Seeya pals