Chapter 8 - Action!

I awake to the sound of my alarm clock playing Metallica's Trapped Under Ice. I let the music play as I look for something to wear. Q said to just keep it casual. I decide on a pair of grey jeans and a blue flowy top. I walk into the bathroom and apply a bit of makeup and I curl my hair.

I jog downstairs and look for something to eat for breakfast. As usual, I eat eggs and drink my daily dose of coffee. Once I finish, I head over to Q's house. I knock on the door and he opens it.

"Michaela!" Q yells and pulls me in for a hug.

I hug him back and say "Hey, Q!"

"So," he pulls out of the hug and looks at me in the eyes. "You excited?"

"Yeah, but I'm also nervous. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm kind of freaking out," I say.

"Why?" he asks.

"I'm going out in front of a bunch of people purposely embarassing myself." I say. "Someone could punch me. And what if I don't do well and-"

"Michaela," he interupts. "You're going to be great. Just be yourself, everyone will love you," he says grabbing onto my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. I stared in his eyes and started to relax.

"Thanks, Q," I breathe.

"C'mon, let's go to the studio," he says. We walk outside and into his car. He pulls out of the driveway and out on the street on the way to the studio. We talk and share a few jokes along the way and arrive on set about twenty minutes later. We find the other guys and they all greet me in a hug.

"Hey, Michaela!" Sal yells.

"Hey!" I yell back.

"So, are you ready to be on Impractical Jokers?" Joe asks me.

I take a big breathe in and say "Yeah." The guys show me around the set and introduce me to people. They then bring me over to the director.

"Pete?" Q says to the director, who I guess is named Pete. He looks up from what he was doing and his eyes travel around the group until they land on me.

"Ah, you must be the lovely Michaela the four of them have been telling me about," he smiles. "I'm Pete."

"Hello," I shake his hand.

"So, are you ready to be a joker for the day?" he asks.

"Yes," I say with a huge smile. I'm going to be a joker. He starts to explain the show and shows me the basics. He explains everything I need to know about the show. He then brings me to a changing room and gives me an outfit.

"You guys will be dentists today. You have to wear these scrubs," he explains. I nod and go into the changing room. When I come out, I'm wearing a pair of blue scrubs. 

"You ready, Michaela?" Pete asks.

I take a deep breath. "Yes I am." We get to the dentist office and all of the cameras are set up and everyone is ready to start filming. I find the guys and they all greet me with hugs. I was told everything I have to say and we all rehearse together.

"Okay everyone," Pete says and claps. "Welcome to our second season of Impractical Jokers! We will start filming in two minutes!" I start getting really nervous and begin to hyperventilate.

"Michaela, look at me," Q says and grabs my shoulders. "Calm down. Like I said before, you will do amazing. Just look into my eyes. It will all be okay." As I stare into his eyes, I start to calm down. It always works. Finally, I'm back to normal and Q lets go of me and gives me a smile.

"You good?" he asks. I nod. "Good."

"Okay everybody! Positions!" Pete yells. I look at Q and he nods at me. We all set up in front of the cameras and I take a deep breath.