Chapter 10 - I like that

"So, what do you think?"

I sat there staring at the four men in front of me completely shocked. They want me on the show? Permanently? Holy shit. I've dreamed of being on the show. Hell I've already been on the show and it was fan-fucking-tastic. I would be able to quit my job and do something I actually enjoy.

"Uh, Michaela?" Q says while waving his hand in front of my face. I realized I haven't said anything for a minute. "You okay?"

"Yeah, uh. I'm just thinking," I say.

"Take your time. It's a lot to take in," Sal says. I smile at him gratefully. I'm not sure what to think. Should I do it? It'll be a lot of work but it was so much fun. I would be a joker! A freaking joker! Plus I would get to spend more time with the guys. I look at all of their faces and land on Q's. Screw it.

"Yes. I'll do it! I'll be on the show!" I say. Brian's face immediately brights up.

"Yes!" he shouts and picks me up and twirls me around causing me to giggle. When he puts me down, I'm squished by the other three guys coming to hug me. I have the biggest smile on my face as I hug them all. 

"Oh my God I can't believe this is actually happening!" I say as I put my hands to my face. I take a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

"We have to call Pete," Murr says. Q takes out his phone and dials his number. He puts it on speaker phone so everyone can hear.

"Hello?" Pete answers.

"Hey, Pete," Q says.

"Hello, Brian. What's up?" Pete asks.

"Well," Q pauses. "SHE SAID YES!" he suddenly shouts. There's silence on the other line.

"Who said what?"

"Michaela! She said yes. She wants to be on the show!" Q says.

"Oh, That's amazing!" he says.

"Thank you so much for this Pete," I say.

"It's really no problem Michaela. You will make a great addition to the team," he responds. Q puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. He looks down at me and gives me a smile which I return.

"Thanks, Pete," I say.

"No problem," he says again. "Well I have to go but I will see you all on Monday," Pete says.

"Okay. Bye Pete," Q says.

"Bye."

"BYE!" the rest of us yell into the phone. Q hangs up and then smiles at me. 

"You are now officially a joker!" Q says and pulls me closer to him.

"Yes and now it's time to celebrate," Murr says. Sal leaves and comes back with a bottle of champagne and five glasses.

"Oh, we're getting fancy," I say. Sal pops the champagne and we all cheer. He poors the champagne into the glasses and hands them out. We lift the glasses into the air.

"To Michaela, the new joker," Joe says.

"To Michaela," we all repeat and down our glasses of champagne. The new joker. I like that.

Thanks for reading!