Chapter 47 - Kiss me

"I don't understand you, Michaela. What are you saying?" Maggie asks over the phone. I take a second to breathe and wipe my tears before I repeat myself.

"Q and I had a fight, and I think we may have broken up," I say in a shaky voice. There's silence on the other end of the phone. "Maggie?"

"I'm coming over." The line goes dead. I lie back down on my couch feeling like I need to cry again but the tears don't come. I just lay there staring at the ceiling.

Moments later, Maggie comes running through the door.

"Michaela, what the fuck happened?" she asks sitting next to me and giving me a hug.

"We got in a fight 'cause he didn't know anything about my family and he said he wants to meet my family but I told him that I'm not ready 'cause I need to make sure we're fully committed before we take another step and he said that if I'm not ready to be committed then maybe we shouldn't be together at all and that's when I left the car and called you."

"He wants to meet your family?" she asks shocked.

"Yeah, he does. But that's a big commitment and you know about my mom and- " I ramble in one breath before she cuts me off.

"Michaela, relax. Everything is going to be fine. You guys love each other right?" I nod. "Then a stupid fight like this shouldn't get in the way. You guys will make up and everything will be fine." I nod again and take a deep breath.

"Thanks, Mags."

"No problem, Michaela. Now you go upstairs and take a nice bath and just try and calm down. I'm gonna run out and get us some food, okay?"

"Okay, Maggie. Thank you. You really are the best."

"I know," she winks. We both chuckle before we go our separate ways. 

I draw a bath and step in it to try and relax. I try to focus on the soothing feeling of the water on my skin, but I just can't get Q out of my head. What if everything isn't going to be alright. What if we actually do break up.

Deciding not to dwell on it, I get out of the bath and dry myself off. I change into a pair of sweats and a tank top and put my hair in a messy bun ready for Maggie to get home. As if on queue, I hear the front door open and slam shut. I jog downstairs fixing my shirt in the process. Once I finally get to the bottom of the stairs, I look up and gasp.

"Q?"

"Michaela," he whispers advancing towards me. When he reaches me, he pulls me into a passionate kiss. I wrap my arms around him and kiss him back with just as much passion. Tears pour down my face while my fingers tangle in his hair. He grabs onto my arms pulling me as close to him as possible as if when he lets go, he'll lose me forever. Like that'll ever happen.

We finally pull apart and rest our foreheads against each other.

"Q-"

"No, Michaela. Let me talk. I am so sorry. I am so fucking sorry. I was just so fucking stupid not thinking of you. And the thought that I might lose you-" he looks down not being able to finish the sentence. "I can't even think about that 'cause you mean everything to me. I spent so long wanting you, and then I got you and, I don't know I feel like I took you for granted. But not anymore. No, no, you" he looks at me and grabs my arms pulling me closer. "You, you are my everything, and you aren't getting out of my sight for one second and if you do- I don't think I can live with myself for letting someone as beautiful, amazing, funny, smart and perfect as you go. I love you, and like hell am I letting you go."

We stayed silent for a few seconds as he looked at me with a frantic look in his eyes. He was breathing rather heavily, and it fanned my face. I wasn't sure how to respond, but he started speaking again.

"Please, forgi-"

"Just shut up and kiss me," I whisper. He makes no hesitation to grab my face and pull my lips to his. This kiss isn't much like the last one, except this one doesn't stop - in fact, it gets more heated. He backs me up into the wall next to my staircase as we continue to kiss. His hands roam up and down my body as mine wrap around his neck and into his hair. His hands finally land at the hem of my shirt where he rubs the skin that's underneath. I break the kiss which causes him to look at me confused, until I lift my arms over my head. A smile comes onto his face and he slowly lifts the shirt off my body. We look at each other for a few seconds before we kiss again. We continue for a little longer, but Q breaks the kiss this time. He doesn't move for a few seconds and I start to wonder what's going on.

"Q-" He cuts me off as he picks me up into his arms bridal style causing me to squeal. He chuckles as he makes his way towards the stairs.

"You ready, love?" he asks once we're at the top of the stairs.

"Ready as I'll ever be, cowboy," I whisper seductively. 

"Good," he says throwing me on my bed. "Cause you're gonna be screaming my name tonight."

------------------------------------

"Wow," I breathe heavily. "I guess you were right."

"About?"

"Screaming your name."

"Babe, you did more than just scream my name," he smirks. I go to slap his chest, but he grabs my wrist and pulls me into his chest wrapping his arms around me and kisses the top of my head.

"Hey," I look up at him as he speaks. "I'm sorry about your mom."

"You know about my mom?" I ask in a timid voice.

"When Maggie left your house, she came to mine and explained everything. I'm sorry, Michaela. And whenever you're ready, you can introduce me to your family; I can wait."

"Thanks, babe." I lift my head and press a light kiss to his lips. When our lips part, i bring my head back down to his chest and snuggle into it. "Man, I owe her a lot." 

Q plants another chaste kiss on my head and whispers "So do I."

A/N Hello all! New chapter! I don't know what to after this chapter but I got a lot of ideas from you guys so I'm gonna look at them and maybe use some of them as well. I would like to thank @MelissaArmenia for giving me the idea for the last two chapters with the whole fight thing. It helped a lot! Thanks for reading and for the awesome ideas!

Seeya pals